• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Internet Radio

R

REBECCAV

Does anyone have any good internet radio stations that they can turn me on to, or better yet, a source for them? I prefer the individual stations at this point, but eventually I might sign up for a service. Muchas gracias muchachos.

Fuv

Hey yeah FUV,Fordham, my alma mater, still rolling out the best in eclectic format. thanks for the plug.
Adios,
T.

Its on my computer and radios exclusively. Some of the famous radio personalities from early non formatted NYC FM radio have shows on FUV.

XM radio has a streaming internet player, with all 150+ stations on it. I think sirius does too. Lets you listen to anything you like, without commercials, and since I listen to it on the bike too, it's a great deal. They're selling the roady2's for about 50$ now, and the monthly rate is reasonable.

KBasa said:
What kinda music do you like?
All kinds. Turn me on to somethin' good!

I'm listening to FUV right now and I like it. Right up my alley. I'll check out Groove Salad.

http://wwhp.com/

This is a little tiny independent station that broadcasts from Farmer City Ill, between Bloomington and Champaign. The owner/host is Lonesome Larry and his son Porkchop also works there. They play a combination of blues, country and americana. Absolutely nothing even remotely close to mainstream. Even the commercials are good. It's like nothing you've heard for years. 50 minutes of music and then 10 minutes of commercials, just like FM used to be. When the all acoustic band I play for made a CD, Larry let us come to the station to be interviewed and play the record. During the interview, Porkchop called in to tell Larry that the TV was on in the office and he could hear it. Later that same afternoon he called to tell Larry that he should turn the mic off during commercials. IT'S THE REAL THING.

Try wxpn.org. from philadelphia It is similar to fuv and the home of the syndicated show world cafe with david dye

I have musicmatch radio, and I like it a lot. It has almost as many stations as satellite radio, and its free if you dont want cd quality. I pay the 9 bucks a month so I can do the artist match radio, just plug in a favorite artist and it will play related artists as well as the one you chose. It rocks in my opinion.

Size Nine Radio

This is my brother's own shoutcast. Great mix of wide-ranging stuff, much of it discovered in his international travels and foreign/indie films as well as a bunch of good domestic stuff from underground sources and regional acts from the southeast (where he lives)- including a few from my old college band's CD, if you're unlucky enough to be listening at the right moments. I love it and his musical taste has always been a good source for evolving my own musical taste. This stream is a totally free labour of love, but if you feel inclined you can buy a T-shirt, mug, mousepad, thong, etc. from his CafePress store to help him pay for bandwidth.
Oh and he has cool station-ID's too!

Last edited:
boxergrrlie said:
All kinds. Turn me on to somethin' good!

I'm listening to FUV right now and I like it. Right up my alley. I'll check out Groove Salad.

Hiya BG!

I sometimes listen to www.kfog.com for their morning show. But after
that, it's back to the iPod. They have "10 at 10:00am" show that picks a
year and plays 10 songs from that year. Often interspersed (sp?) with
news clips from the year. What a blast from the past. KFOG is in SFO.

Groove Salad is pretty nice stuff! Thanks Dave!

Ian

selil said:
Why doesn't the BMWMOA with all of this newfangled gadgetry and supreme web presence idolatry sponsor a web radio program or better yet podcasting on a weekly basis?

That is an interesting idea. What do think would be the musical format?

Back