• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Just Met an MOA Member

ricochetrider

Out There Somewhere
Yeah, so I received a PM from a guy here. He was asking me if I would sell my 93 R100RS. I said, no, thank you- but we went on chit-chatting via PM for a while. Finally he told me he'd found a real nice 92 with 15K on it, and not too far from my home.
Turns out his route was bringing him past here, so I invited him to stop for lunch.
Today was the day, and we had a real nice time. My "better half", Cynthia even came home for lunch to join us!

Anyone here also do this kind of thing to meet forum folks?

I have a sort of random, on-call job that often requires me to travel- usually on short notice. It keeps me from offering hospitality via the Anonymous Book.

I've met a few members when I've traveled to various cities. It's a good opportunity to kick some tires and see more bikes! :thumb

Just about 2 years ago another MOA member was on this very forum asking about roads in this area as he and his girlfriend were taking a motorcycle vacation and would be passing through. The next thing we knew we were meeting them in Blairsville, GA (in the rain) and we rode up to the Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge and Campground spending 2 nights before they continued on and we headed back for home.

I've also ridden up to north Georgia and met another BMW K1200LT rider and rode with him and his wife while they were passing through on vacation and spending time in the area. But instead of here on the forum, he was a reader of our blog.

Back