• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Three Years. Five Continents. One Motorcycle.

Forks: A Quest for Culture, Cuisine and Connection is one of my favorite coffee table books. The photography, writing, and recipes are all excellent. Definitely a must buy for any motorcycle adventure minded person.

And here I just read that F650s are good for dinging around in the woods or dirt but you can't travel on them. Sheesh!

Funny stuff. Who wrote that junk about the 650 single? We've traveled Baja, the entire AZBDR, USA (Cross country from San Diego to Portland, Maine), parts of Canada, Iceland, Faroe Islands, Denmark, Netherlands, Germany with more to come on our pair of G650GSs. Personally I think they are great as long-distance travelers. Sure, they have their shortcomings (cheaper suspension, low windscreen, not an Autobahn cruiser) but I can live with the minor problems knowing that I can buy TWO 650GSs, motorcycle training lessons, riding gear, and a lot of gas for the same price as ONE R1200GS.

P.S. I really don't have a problem with the R1200GS. I'm sure it's a fantastic bike. I just find it to be too expensive for something that I would beat up on the trail.

Back