• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

is this the correct tank bag base for 1994 K75

jeks

Looking at this tank bag, I know the bags are the same with different hooks to mount on the tank sides.

can anyone tell me if this is the correct bracket for my K75?

Thanks!

DSCN1724.jpg

DSCN1726.jpg

That LOOKS right for an early K (K75 & K100). Unzip the bag from the base. The base should be stamped with which bikes it's made for.

:dance:dance:dance

hey thanks for the info lee.

was able to pick up that tank bag and its a nice find.

the guy who had it said there was no marking on the base, hence my question. i got it, unzipped the bag, and of course it says exactly which bikes it fits.

the bag is in great shape. missing middle section which is minor bummer, but it seems fairly roomy even without it.

appreciate the helpful reply and the correct ID on the strap.

Mid-section

I might have a middle section for you. I don't want to carry that much luggage. Got anything good to swap?

ha hey thanks, ATM i'm afraid i don't have anything good to trade (aside from cash of course), assuming you are not interested in busted old fuel pumps which seem to be multiplying in my apartment.

it does seem like an item which doesn't get a lot of use (looks very dorky) not sure even what i'm gonna be carrying in there either.

still i'm interested to find one to have the option as i plan my first cross country trip.

Zippers

I might have a middle section for you. I don't want to carry that much luggage. Got anything good to swap?

ha hey thanks, ATM i'm afraid i don't have anything good to trade (aside from cash of course), assuming you are not interested in busted old fuel pumps which seem to be multiplying in my apartment.

it does seem like an item which doesn't get a lot of use (looks very dorky) not sure even what i'm gonna be carrying in there either.

still i'm interested to find one to have the option as i plan my first cross country trip.

Just be aware the zippers may not match up.

I'll send you a photo

I'm not home right now but I'll be there soon then I'll send you a couple photos.

As per the posting guidelines, please do any negotiations off the forum either thru PMs or emails.

Thanks.:wave

:dance:dance:dance

Mea Culpa

Sorry man. I wasn't really negotiating though I was gonna give it to him free if he really wanted it. Shhh don't tell him!

Here's a photo of the middle section.
View attachment 45571

The red center goes with the bag that has the light grey top.

1991_Trip_July_20_0003.jpg

Monument_Valley1.jpg

They also had a earlier bag that was more of a blue grey and that center section was the same color as the top.
Colorado_1988_Medium_.jpg

Alaska_Pipeline_Medium_.jpg

I will have to keep an eye out for that blue-gey middle section for my tank-bag. And maybe one of those spiffy tank bras...

The red center goes with the bag that has the light grey top.

<snip>

They also had a earlier bag that was more of a blue grey and that center section was the same color as the top.
Colorado_1988_Medium_.jpg

Alaska_Pipeline_Medium_.jpg

Back