• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tank Bag Suggestions 1200RTW

I agree. I have been using the City bag for 4 years and love it.
DITTO. I love my SW Motech's.
Before the fancy locking ring type tank bags were invented, I (we?) had no choice but to use bags with straps. I hated the straps.
Would always make strap chaffe marks in the paint, collect road grime and grit....

DITTO. I love my SW Motech's.
Before the fancy locking ring type tank bags were invented, I (we?) had no choice but to use bags with straps. I hated the straps.
Would always make strap chaffe marks in the paint, collect road grime and grit....

Yup. I am using SW Motech EVO City. Good decent bag.

Wish it is rainproof without the need of a cover though.

Tapatalk

I've had the plastic clips of the bottom straps my BMW tank bag break twice. After the first time I purchased a replace bottom-strap unit, but I refuse to do it again. Instead I'm looking for a way to secure the bottom of the tank bag a different way. Any ideas?

Are the clips in question those "inverse" YKK/Duraflex buckles where the female side is narrower than the male part? I have a R1200RS BMW seat bag with those things. A stupid design modification to a simple webbing buckle.

While not cheap, these repair buckles might avoid sewing: https://seatosummitusa.com/collecti...pair-replacement-buckle?variant=7896093884444

Last edited:
I know a lot of folks like the SW Motech. It is similar to the Givi but when 3 riding buddies swapped their Motech for Givi Tank Lock I did the same. The lock mechanism on the Givi seems to just work easier. But both great products and both absolutely will not put a mark on the tank.

Calendar 2020 11.jpg

Another look at the smaller size SW bag. It is expandable but it works fine as is to hold wiring and remote for the V1, iPhone, glasses, and various sundries.

Jd6BLci.jpg

If you're worried about a rubber cord end scratching your bike you need help.:ha

No argument here. And that's why until I got the Givi I would never ever own a tank bag. Even with my '06 RT and the BMW rack system for the tank bag I would never use the new bag that came with the bike. But you know ... I have not had any marks on my tanks :clap

Thankfully I also have a very understanding dealer who ensures my bikes come out of service with nary a fingerprint. :D

That's a little anal. I barely wash any of my bikes but I have taken to keeping my 1100S pretty clean but certainly not spotless.

That's a little anal. I barely wash any of my bikes but I have taken to keeping my 1100S pretty clean but certainly not spotless.

Actually I'm probably a lot anal but trying to work on it. I make myself crazy sometimes. :help

No argument here. And that's why until I got the Givi I would never ever own a tank bag. Even with my '06 RT and the BMW rack system for the tank bag I would never use the new bag that came with the bike. But you know ... I have not had any marks on my tanks :clap

Thankfully I also have a very understanding dealer who ensures my bikes come out of service with nary a fingerprint. :D

Old school guys get a tank cover...............

Back