• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Tank Bag Suggestions 1200RTW

Any suggestions for the 1200RTW tank bag! There are many universal bags out there but concerned about fit. Pics would be appreciated! Don 10RT. 14RTW

I bought the BMW r1200rtw bag and am very pleased with the "right size" and "correct fit" to the tank. It does not interfere with any handlebar movement or switch use. Also note ... it is designed for a quick install with the proper mounting hardware which makes fillups a snap, literaly ... one snap!!!

For pictures, see the BMW site ... lol

Just ordered givi tank lock system. Have 3 different options shipping will determine best fit if and post picture.

OEM tank bag was $350... A little too steep for me

I am in the market for a tank bag too. I like the look of the Givi and am looking forward to photos of the bag(s) on the bike.

Shad has a very large tank bag (42L max) that can also convert into a backpack, for about $125. I plan on checking those out next time I'm at the shop.

Tank Bag

I really liked the old RT click in design. I am getting used to the new design. It is smaller, but it is growing on me.

I like the BMW Tank Bag except for the map pocket, it's too small, just a little larger would work. I still like paper maps sure I use a GPS (Nav V on the new RT). It's a well made bag easy to use at gas stops. I see no problem to the paint.

Jay

well my .02 cents

I purchased the BMW tank bag and while it is very nice the strap connection to the tank is horrible. I mean come on where the heck is the technology??? Space age on the bike and stinkin straps and plastic snap latches for the bag. Such a disappointment that I threw it in the trash. I'm still looking for something that works without adjusting the straps every time.

Sorry but I don't understand. You trash the bag because of the connectors? I?ve been using the bag for a while now, no problem at all with the way it connects with the bike, and I don?t need to adjust the straps. I only disconnect the front, set the bag on the seat, fill tank connect and I?m gone, quick and easy.

I guess BMW should have intergraded the tank bag into the central locking system, yep they blew it...

Jay

I purchased the BMW tank bag and while it is very nice the strap connection to the tank is horrible. I mean come on where the heck is the technology??? Space age on the bike and stinkin straps and plastic snap latches for the bag. Such a disappointment that I threw it in the trash. I'm still looking for something that works without adjusting the straps every time.

Fish it out of the trash and I'll give you $100 for it.:)

Well now aren't we in a snit ... If you really did trash the bag, which I very much doubt, I'll up the ante to $150.00 via paypal if you provide a copy of an actual dealer sales recipt and a picture of the tankbag. One man's trash is another's treasure ... or something like that friend.

Hows it going? Did your order arrive?

Just ordered givi tank lock system. Have 3 different options shipping will determine best fit if and post picture.

OEM tank bag was $350... A little too steep for me

Even as the bike gathers dust in the garage, I am still buying stuff to outfit it. Anthony, did your tank ring & bags fit and how did the givi bags look? Photos?

I've had the plastic clips of the bottom straps my BMW tank bag break twice. After the first time I purchased a replace bottom-strap unit, but I refuse to do it again. Instead I'm looking for a way to secure the bottom of the tank bag a different way. Any ideas?

I'm running the Mosko Moto Nomad tank bag on 3 bikes right now and it will be 4 bikes when the next one is back on the road, I love it. Really well thought out and top quality construction. It has 4 clips, two rear straps and 2 clips at the head tube. When I gas up I just pop the 2 front clips, easy peasy.
https://moskomoto.com/collections/motorcycle-tank-bags/products/nomad-tank-bag

IMG_3051_heic-L.jpg

IMG_3107_heic-L.jpg

IMG_3511_heic-L.jpg

You can see the map pocket a little here
IMG_3662-L.jpg

IMG_1394-L.jpg

IMG_3319_heic-L.jpg

IMG_3236_heic-L.jpg

The Givi with tank lock is perfect for me!

None easier to remove and replace at gas stops and lots of size options

I just use the smallest one perfect for Wallet, sunglasses, phone, etc.

I've had the plastic clips of the bottom straps my BMW tank bag break twice. After the first time I purchased a replace bottom-strap unit, but I refuse to do it again. Instead I'm looking for a way to secure the bottom of the tank bag a different way. Any ideas?

Can you fashion a similar clip out of metal?

Back