• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

73 R60/5 Carb Sync

rcbimmer
New to this whole carburetor thing. Can I get some insight on who makes the easiest sync guage. Want something easy to learn and use. Thanks in sdvance.

All kinds of doodads out there. Makes it easier...I have the TwinMax. But you should get to understand the shorting methods which requires spark extensions and a couple of screwdrivers. Snowbum discusses it on his website. I think it's a good idea to know how to do this in case you have to make some adjustments while on the road.

for pure easy with precision, google "homemade manometer".

Finding a local airhead tech day could hook you up with some experienced riders that can tutor you in the fine points of tuning an airhead. Not at all difficult, but some basic "hands-on" guidance is probably the best way to learn.

Thanks for all the replies. The video sure helped. The bike runs really well right now and I will keep her thru the summer, nice riding a naked bike down here when it's so hot. This fall thinking about selling her and buying another airhead for a winter project. Just want to make sure that I can keep her running and if I find one that needs work I have the right tools and knowledge to do repairs myself. Have been reading a lot about airheads to educate myself. Something about riding a 40 plus year old bike that I think is pretty cool.

Glad you got the carbs sorted out - definitely feels good to be able to get these machines running properly.

And - I like your taste in bikes!

Back