Thread: 2014 RT Bluetooth pairing with iPhone

Question 2014 RT Bluetooth pairing with iPhone

All,

I've been able to pair my Sena headset to the BMW Bluetooth audio system with a Nav V but have not been able to pair the system to my iPhone 5. Has anyone got step by step instructions?

Many thanks for any directions!

Rob Lessen
    Arma, KS

'73 Honda XL250
    '74 Can-Am MX250
    '07 R12RT (hers)
    '14 R12RT mine, all mine... until it's hers
    Rob Lessen

'07 R12RT
    '14 R12RT LC

Rob,
    I have the same setup with the only difference being a '14 GS. The Directions that came with Sena are a little confusing, but what worked for me was to pair my iPhone 5 with my Sena first with the Nav V off. Then turn on the Nav 5 for that pairing to connect. In the future all should be paired just remember to turn the Sena on last each time. The iPhone seems to make a quicker connection than the Nav V so it doesn't get over ridden.

It still is a little quirky and you still won't be able to listen to music from your iPhone and hear turn-by-turn directions from your Nav V. I usually keep the phone connected first so I can take phone calls and listen to music while glancing down on occasion to see the route on the gps. If I know I need to pay attention to the turn-by-turn directions then I set the gps first, which doesn't allow me to hear music from my phone. I guess you could cure all this by downloading a bunch of mp3's to the storage card on the Nav V but this gets old, especially if you're use to a variety of music from Pandora and alike.

Below is a helpful link hinting at the order of pairing setup for ideal connection as well as other details to the Nav V specifically:

Senahttp://globeriders.com/article_pages...e07_nav5.shtml

Hopefully this helps.
    More life,
    Sully
    '16 S1000XR

Thanks, Sully!

I'll try that method this weekend!

Best,

Rob Lessen
    Rob Lessen

'07 R12RT
    '14 R12RT LC