• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Greetings! New owner of a K75s in Modesto, CA.

lanceharrison

Greetings! Joined the MOA in 11/2013, bought my new-to-me 1993 K75s ABS later that month, and am now getting ready for more riding. This is my first post, and I am shopping for some more Central Valley heat appropriate riding gear. Just getting back into riding after almost 14 years. My first big-boy bike was a '95 Yamaha XJ600 Seca II. It was my daily (and sole) transportation while I owned it. I am looking forward to my K75s being a daily rider, too, but the Central Valley heat here in Modesto is a somewhat limiting factor. I am not used to motorcycling in this heat: I lived in San Jose, CA, when I owned the Seca II. :)

There are some rally's coming up in Mariposa and Quincy and I hope to enjoy some time at one or both of those.

Happy Riding!

-Lancer!!

P.S. Photo added, 2014-05-10

LancerBMWK75s-2014a.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forum

Lancer,

Look at evaporative cooling undergarments. I have LDRider, but BMW and others also make evaporative vests. Soak them in water and put them on under your jacket. Huge difference. I wear my LDRider (or maybe it's LDComfort) anytime it's over 95 degrees and can ride comfortably.

Good luck with the new (to you) bike.

OkieGman

Lance,

Welcome to the MOA!

And congratulations on acquiring one of BMW's sweetest bikes.

Check out the Flying Brick section of this forum for info about your bike.

Feel free to PM or email me if you have any questions about your bike or you need any parts or work done on your bike. I think the K75S is a pretty nice bike. I have 5 of them and work on several more in the Bay Area.

:dance:dance:dance

Last edited:
I live down in Atwater. I usually either go mesh with an Olympia jacket, if I am riding a short distance, or if I am riding farther, will wear my Klim jacket all the way buttoned up, with a soaked LD Comfort long sleeve shirt underneath. With the jacket sleeves loosened so air flows up in them, it cools your core as the water evaporates. Ride an hour or 2 & repeat. Worked for me in 108 of Vegas. Like the desert dwellers, cover up solid & let evaporation work for you.

Thanks!

Thank you for the replies, folks! One of the presenters at the seminar last week at my local shop had a Hyperkewl vest to show, but not demo. Thanks for the other suggestions, too. Olympia looks like a good option, with some of their stuff having those big zip-down panels to expose the mesh ventilation.

-L.

And a couple more pics...

Here's a couple more pics of my 1993 K75s ABS in "Seidenblau" (Silk Blue). Top pic: Stopped for gas on the way home from picking up the bike. Bottom pic: At Omega Motorcycle in North Highlands, CA. :)

Attachments

• CAM00084.jpg
    CAM00084.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 32
  • CAM00096.jpg
    CAM00096.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Back