• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Toronto-GTA Canada: Anyone riding to the rally?

MartinRSA

HI
I would like to ride the rally in Minneapolis St. Paul MN from Oakville (west of Toronto) Ontario Canada, but would prefer to ride with A.N. Other - safer!
Distance via Sault St. Marie = 1583km Toronto>Barry>Parry Sound>Sudbury via 400 & 69 >Blind River>Sault. St. Marie via 17 >Manistique>Escanaba>Oconto>Shawano.st. Paul via 2, 35, 41, 22, 29, 94.
This is just Google mapping, no idea if there are better rides (for F800GS).
I would plan to leave COD Tuesday 22 July for at min. a 2 day ride, probably 2 1/2, return Sunday COD 27 July, home by Monday night 28th.

Any takers?

Thanks

Martin Human

Martin,
Change of planes for me now - a fellow Yankee Beemers & I will be following you / your route & did see Sandy's Ferry route as well.
We're leaving Ma. on the 19th & might camp on Lk. Ontario / west of Rochester Rt. 18. first night - day 2 to Sudbury, day 3 either Thunder Bay or Duluth - All depends on weather & my fellow rider - see you both in MN. 617.257.7910 cell

joe

Last edited:
Hamilton Rider

Well Martin, I'm just down the road in Hamilton, and am planning to leave on the 22nd or 23rd. I have no preference with regards to whether I do it clockwise or counter clockwise, but my goal is to do the loop, around Lake Superior, to the rally, and then through the states, and back into Canada via Detroit. But starting at Detroit and heading west is okay too, so if you're interested in going through Detroit on the way there, I'd be happy to ride with you on my RT. You can call me if you want to talk about it on the phone. My cell # is 905 536-6494.

Cheers,

Sandy

Better Route than Through Illinois

Hello again Martin,

I've just had a better look at my route options, and I will definately not go west via Detroit; the highways are long and boring, and the smaller roads aren't much better. I'll still work towards the Lake Superior loop, but I will head north from southern Ontario, take the ferry from Tobermory to Manitoulin Island ($23.50), head west across northern Ontario, and cross into the states at Sault Ste. Marie. I'll make my way to the rally on smaller roads, if time permits. On the way home I'll cross the border at Duluth and ride the top of Superior - a fantastic route! You can call me if you want to talk about it on the phone. My cell # is 905 536-6494.

Cheers,

Sandy

Back