Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Rick Mayer MIA...has MY seat and MY money

Rick Mayer seat experience

very sorry to hear all of this. I had a very good experience with the R1100S seat he built for me, and it was mail order.
    2014 R1200 GSA, 2015 KTM 690 Enduro (Sold: 1992 K75S, and many more)

Quote Originally Posted by Motodan View Post
    fastrph97, another week almost gone, any headway?
    I got a message on Friday that said it would go out Saturday or Monday at the latest. It's Monday and I have not received any shipping confirmation.

I've had more than one instance where I didn't get shipping info until the day after the shipment. Maybe it went out today and you just won't get the info until tomorrow. Good luck with that anyway.
    CCC, NRA, OOIDA Life Member
    BMWMOA Member 15945

Quote Originally Posted by k75s View Post
    very sorry to hear all of this. I had a very good experience with the R1100S seat he built for me, and it was mail order.
    +1 on the sorry...I did a ride in and got the best custom seat ever owned. Did a bunch of research before placing my order, after seeing a lot of valid complaints about continuing problems with long distance buyers, I went with him anyway. A bit more distressing personally, since I've given a few laudatory reviews here and on the Pelican Parts R1100S site (with caveats). Also allowed him to use pix of my bike seat on his website.

I know he's had some very severe personal problems of late, but that's no excuse for such abhorrent treatment of his mail order customers. Hope he can get his *stuff* together soon for the riders he has pissed off.

'Nuf said....
    Bill Johnston

Quote Originally Posted by chiba13 View Post
    Why should it be up to ANYBODY but his employees to help him out? Why should I (or any other rider) volunteer to help somebody with a long track record of poor customer service fix his business? If he wanted a spreadsheet to track order progress, he'd have one (and he might, for all we know). If it was important to him to contact customers, he'd do it.

The best way people can help out is by voting with their wallets. Keep sending him business or stop doing it. That's how you help somebody fix their business.
    No kidding. I'm getting older every day,kids live far away & busy with their own careers & real hard to find casual labor these days for many farm related jobs but I don't expect "people I don't know" to line up to help "git er done" either.
    A poorly operated business should fail?
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

Quote Originally Posted by chiba13 View Post
    Why should it be up to ANYBODY but his employees to help him out? Why should I (or any other rider) volunteer to help somebody with a long track record of poor customer service fix his business? If he wanted a spreadsheet to track order progress, he'd have one (and he might, for all we know). If it was important to him to contact customers, he'd do it.

The best way people can help out is by voting with their wallets. Keep sending him business or stop doing it. That's how you help somebody fix their business.
    What can I say....I have compassion for a fellow human being. Don't know the man, never met him, never done business with him. My stock seat is fine for me. But, the subject of this thread has posted on this forum regarding his current problems (post of 3/20/14) and asked for "some degree of compassion, and understanding..." If having compassion for a person going through some difficult times is a crime, I'll plead guilty all day long.
    Piperjim
    '95 R1100RS "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian!" Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by piperjim View Post
    What can I say....I have compassion for a fellow human being. Don't know the man, never met him, never done business with him. My stock seat is fine for me. But, the subject of this thread has posted on this forum regarding his current problems (post of 3/20/14) and asked for "some degree of compassion, and understanding..." If having compassion for a person going through some difficult times is a crime, I'll plead guilty all day long.

I believe compassion, for some, ends at the 3rd or 4th year of this 11 years long history of excuses and poor customer service. With the internet, you shouldn't have any problem in offering him help, be it inventory control, customer notifications, ordering supplies, returning deposits, ad design and so on. Great to have compassion, even greater to actually act on it. Go for it.
    F850GS

MOA #46783

Quote Originally Posted by Motodan View Post
    I believe compassion, for some, ends at the 3rd or 4th year of this 11 years long history of excuses and poor customer service. With the internet, you shouldn't have any problem in offering him help, be it inventory control, customer notifications, ordering supplies, returning deposits, ad design and so on. Great to have compassion, even greater to actually act on it. Go for it.
    Perhaps we can just say we have different values and leave it at that. I'll do what I feel is right, others should do the same.
    Piperjim
    '95 R1100RS "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian!" Henry Ford

Perhaps we can just say we have different values and leave it at that. I'll do what I feel is right, others should do the same.
    +1.
    Rick is a good guy. I have had 3 seats built by him (R11S, F8GS, KLR), all mail order, 2 have been redone- no concerns at all, always quite pleased. Saddens me to hear the negative comments, but they do sound to be "earned". Pity.
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots

Certifiable Old Fart beemerdons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by motodan View Post
    i believe compassion, for some, ends at the 3rd or 4th year of this 11 years long history of excuses and poor customer service. With the internet, you shouldn't have any problem in offering him help, be it inventory control, customer notifications, ordering supplies, returning deposits, ad design and so on. Great to have compassion, even greater to actually act on it. Go for it.
    Amen!
    Don Stanley; aka Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina"
    BMWMOA #24810; www.azbeemers.org/forum #89

I'll agree, our values apparently do differ. I expect truth and honesty from those I've given my trust. If they fail to show that (especially multiple times), I sever the relationship...some people call it "tough love". It actually tends to help the less trustworthy look inward and find their own "needed" higher values.
    F850GS

MOA #46783

In Rick's response on the previous thread in March (where he asked for compassion and understanding) he also promised the seats overdue for shipping would go out in the next month.

Didn't happen. Hasn't happened.

Another worthless promise. Kind of hard for me to find any compassion in view of that.

Anyone live in the Redding CA area? Maybe go by the shop in Red Bluff and see it the guy is still alive?

Al in NC

Rally Rat
    along the wisconsin river here in central wisconsin
    what does compassion have to do with a business transaction? courtesy yes but compassion?screw me once shame on you,screw me twice shame on me!

I dunno, but when your own brother (Bill Mayer) and a top employee (Seth Laam) distance themselves and in the case of Bill, won't talk to him or even mention his name there's a problem. BTW, both Bill and Laam have outstanding reputations on other motorcycle forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodadd View Post
    I dunno, but when your own brother (Bill Mayer) and a top employee (Seth Laam) distance themselves and in the case of Bill, won't talk to him or even mention his name there's a problem. BTW, both Bill and Laam have outstanding reputations on other motorcycle forums.
    The brothers have been at odds since their dad died - couldn't agree to continue the company together - and generally dislike each other and have for many years - good years and bad years.

Corbin doesn't say much about Russell or Sargeant now, either, does he?
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/