• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rick Mayer MIA...has MY seat and MY money

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do not need to know. It's really none of our business or concern.

If RM was a vindictive person, you comments would certainly be cause for a lawsuit for libel.

Thanks Bud, I also think about the libel/slander path and will most likely edit this thread a touch after discussing with the other mods.

I believe there is a line that does not need to be crossed...folks personal lives are just that...personal. Discussing them here adds no value to the thread about a fellow rider, member, and struggling human who may or not still be in the saddle business.Seems the copied correspondence earlier stated where he is currently stands.

If you have had or are having dealings with him, I am sorry for that if it went wrong. Hopefully, time will repair those transactions.

If you just feel the need to poke the fire and most likely would not buy his product anyways, how about letting it go? If I were trying to gather my life back in order and seeing the light, this type of thing might do more harm than folks can imagine. No one but Rick and his family know the whole story and have the right to discuss it.

The wish from a few has been to leave it open...we are trying, this tests the limits IMHO.

I vote close it. I can't see any future gain. The case against him as a saddle vendor has been made. His business practices well documented. The thread is here as a warning to future dealings. There is little more to discuss. I personally would not buy anything from him, but I wish him no harm. He is a human, with questionable values, but that's not for me to judge. Everyone has a story, life is complicated. I wish him well, hope he gets it together and is wildly successful, just not at the expense of consumers. The consumer advocacy role of this thread is complete.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I vote close it. I can't see any future gain. The case against him as a saddle vendor has been made. His business practices well documented. The thread is here as a warning to future dealings. There is little more to discuss. I personally would not buy anything from him, but I wish him no harm. He is a human, with questionable values, but that's not for me to judge. Everyone has a story, life is complicated. I wish him well, hope he gets it together and is wildly successful, just not at the expense of consumers. The consumer advocacy role of this thread is complete.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I second the motion... And if a moderator and clean up the personal attack posts that crossed a decorum line before closing, all the better.

After some discussion, the Mod Team agree this thread has served its purpose and will be closed to further postings. I will be deleting several postings made since the OP that veered into personal issues. The original posting and its related discussions will remain viewable and searchable.

Bottom line it has once again moved from talking about business practices to delving into RM's personal life. The latter is not appropriate as it has zero value in being discussed here. His primary career is back as a nurse according to the last response someone posted, questioning that side of his life isn't something most know anything about how he performs those duties.

I closed the previous thread last year for the same reasons we seem to be facing today. Rick had responded to a customer with his personal situation and an apology on the forum as a member. At that point, Rick had addressed the situation , so it seemed to be the right thing to do as folks had been straddling the line of business vs. personal with innuendo and speculation, making some snarky comments.I believe it was the right thing to do and still do.

The current thread went from a unhappy customer experience by the OP, to echoes of similar bad experiences with this vendor. The OP and a few others have moved on by selling the bike with the saddle or found another solution. For the most recent customers who have posted about recent/current issues, I and others truly hope the issues are resolved or will be soon.
The chatter about personal life situations not having anything to do with the saddle business should be left off the screen...you can think anything you want, just maybe keep it to yourself and not be part of spreading internet gossip and speculation. I think of this place as a higher standard than Junior High School lunch room gossip or cyber bullying that seems prevalent and sadly the norm in some groups.

Realizing this will not be the last thread ever, how about keeping it concentrated on the business issues if you have been affected and out of folks personal business. It will be handled the same way if the line is crossed...again. Anyone doing an internet search will see this forever anyway...nature of the beast ya know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back