• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

new email not showing up

jnrugg

I changed my notification settings to a new email address but they keep going to the old one.
Even new threads go to the old one.

I changed my notification settings to a new email address but they keep going to the old one.
Even new threads go to the old one.
I think I need some more info to be able to help you. My guess is that you are referring to the threads that you are subscribed to go to the e-mail that you signed up with on the forum?
OM

OK as far as I can see, your old e-mail is still active. Not that it couldn't be, but Outlook.com? I don't think I've ever seen that and if we are trying to change something, we would like to get it right. There is an odd chance that you are trying to change Office Outlook/Outlook Express?- just a thought.
Gary

jnrugg -

It appears that you have changed your password associated with the MOA membership database, which is different than the database associated with the forum. That issue of two databases comes up now and again, but will be corrected in the future.

So, in order to change the email notifications for the forum, go to the Settings link at the top right of the page, and navigate to the email section on the left side. Enter the new email address and confirm it, save your settings, and you should be good to go. I'll drop you a PM as well.

Let us know if that helps!

jnrugg -

It appears that you have changed your password associated with the MOA membership database, which is different than the database associated with the forum. That issue of two databases comes up now and again, but will be corrected in the future.

So, in order to change the email notifications for the forum, go to the Settings link at the top right of the page, and navigate to the email section on the left side. Enter the new email address and confirm it, save your settings, and you should be good to go. I'll drop you a PM as well.

Let us know if that helps!

Thanks for the reply but the only place to change email takes me back to my profile email which I have already changed.
Unless I am REALLY missing something, I do wear glasses.

I can look at your profile on the forum and it still has the yahoo account. And you're saying that clicking on Settings in the upper right of the screen and checking the email listed there shows the outlook address? That's pretty confusing on my end.

I can change the forum email address to what you want if you are finding you can't do it from your end. I'd like to be able to resolve this so that it made sense that users can modify their own profile as needed.

So, let me know...if you are still not able to make the forum change, I can do it per the address you listed above.

I would appreciate the change.
This is what I get when I click on settings in the upper right corner between My Profile and Logout.

Attachments

• MOA settings.jpg
    MOA settings.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 14
OK, I'll make the change to the outlook address above.

On your picture, I see the My Account section and just below that is Edit Email and Password. This is where you would go to make those kinds of changes.

Hopefully, you will begin receiving the notifications.

Back