• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Need guidance on Comm system...

Lot's of conversation on the SENA but how about the BMW Communicator? Good? or? I recently purchased one along with a new Shuberth C3 and so I haven't yet connected to anyone but expect a rider soon.

My pillion (wife) and I have them and love 'em with our K1600. I just wish that bike to bike options were included in that comm system/bike audio system combo.

That's why you should of never considered the Sena brand. Those are low end compared to the Scala equipment. Yes, it's not just (3) buttons, but your options are immense to include 1+ mile of range (advertised as 2mi i think). I have ran many sets of Sena, and Scala. Scala is hands down the winner. They're more expensive, but you get what you pay for!

The majority in my group are using G9s or G9X. They connect well up to eight bikes and they connect with the Schuberth in helmet systems as well. No problems.

The Scala 9 has tons of options (I just finished a 2,400 mile ride with mine), works great with my iPhone, GPS, radio and com. Interestingly, the FM radio on the Scala was able to pull in signals when my on-bike radio found nothing.

I really like the fact that Scala provides free online software updates, lots of support and more accessories than you can imagine.

I loved being hard wired and having a CB radio. I am going with the setup from J&M that fits both the K1600 GTL and my soon to be ready R1200RT.

I will have satellite radio, AM?FM,as well as IPod on board. Most of the riders I associate with, use CB for communications. It always works up to 3/4 of a mile, with no having to synch with other units. Also, if you want passenger intercom, you can also purchase that equipment from J&M.

Back