• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2014 Rally Site Map and Seminar Schedule

The seminar team is working hard to get it all organized. We'll try to have a preliminary on-line in May...

:ear crickets I ask because I'm volunteering with the CMA and hope to have a general idea of seminars and activities for that schedule.

Last edited:
Do you have the June edition of the ON already?

Safe to say that no one's received the June edition. The FAQs state that the info WILL be in the June ON...hopefully hitting everyone's mailbox around end of May or early June.

I haven't seen one marked up yet, perhaps this will help-

mpr_booth_map.jpg

OM

... I see it as just south of the Sherpa pen, vicinity of the water tower, along east fairground boundary.

travel'n john.... May good fortune guide your travels

... I see it as just south of the Sherpa pen, vicinity of the water tower, along east fairground boundary.

travel'n john.... May good fortune guide your travels

That is correct....The Sherpa Area is only a very small portion. The rest of the area around the Water Tower is RV camping. Map doesn't clarify that. That is an RV Campground year round.

Is there enough camping?

When I look at this map, I am concerned that there is not enough space for tents. Is there additional space not shown? Is the map not to scale? I would hope/expect about twice that shown here.

When I look at this map, I am concerned that there is not enough space for tents. Is there additional space not shown? Is the map not to scale? I would hope/expect about twice that shown here.

Not sure which map you're looking at....The rally map is post 10 and shows camping in green. The map in post #9 isn't a good representation of the rally site. Or check the final on the MOA site:
http://bmwmoa.org/TheRally/ArtMID/3...-St-Paul-BMW-MOA-International-Rally-map.aspx

Map is DEFINITELY not to scale..The Grounds has dedicated at Least 50 Acres just for Camping. The grounds themselves are 320 acres, but there are a lot of buildings. Never fear there is plenty of Grass and trees for all...some of the quieter camping may be further away, but we will have shuttles.

Close in camping is sure to be loud. Bring ear plugs or camp farther out, either way you are warned...it is a rally and there is no clock...just say'n...

It's gonna be a GREAT time!!!

time ?

The seminar team is working hard to get it all organized.

Forgive please.
Registration opens at 8am on 24Jul.
The "dirt for street riders" training starts at 8am on 24Jul.
How can I be at registration at 8am and try to make it to the dirt by 8am?
or to the Intermidiate off road training by 830?
Thanks
Max

Forgive please.
Thanks
Max

Max

Are you enrolled in the training classes? Are you pre-registered for the Rally....They may consider starting classes at 9:00. When do you plan to arrive?

0800 Training Times

Forgive please.
Thanks
Max

Hi Max,

The OPT (off-pavement training) classes meet in the North Parking Lot outside of the rally registration perimeter. See the rally map North of the main entrance on Hoytt Street.
Just show up with your preregistration receipt from the Foundation website. You also should have received a confirmation via email from the Foundation office.
It's amazing that all OPT riders are getting free training because of the Foundation scholarships!

The 0830 Friday training with the BMW US Rider Academy is the same deal. North OPT area, same website receipt to get in. Be ready to ride!

See you there,
Coach

Hi Max,

The OPT (off-pavement training) classes meet in the North Parking Lot outside of the rally registration perimeter. See the rally map North of the main entrance on Hoytt Street.
Just show up with your preregistration receipt from the Foundation website. You also should have received a confirmation via email from the Foundation office.
It's amazing that all OPT riders are getting free training because of the Foundation scholarships!

The 0830 Friday training with the BMW US Rider Academy is the same deal. North OPT area, same website receipt to get in. Be ready to ride!

See you there,
Coach

I was just thinking about this while walking my dog this AM. As yet I have not received a confirmation of registration for the OPT session. Whom should I contact?

Back