• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Seats

Lots of posts on various forums about Rick Mayer seats, most appear to be negative, because of poor customer service, never heard a complaint about the seats themselves
I did a ride in to Rocky' Mayers in Ventura last year, fantastic service, great seat!!

I got some of the info on the sport touring site. I talked to Rick Mayer today. Seemed nice but since no business dealings I don't know yet. His brothers web site has expired so I don't know how to contact him.

I love my Rick Mayer seat (2000 R1100RT). It corrected my "sliding into the tank" issue and is far more supportive and comfortable overall.

After reading various posts about turnaround time, however, I opted for a ride-in appointment to guarantee date-specific completion. It was all well worth the 1,000-mile roundtrip. No regrets.

Got in touch with his brother. Rocky has a little faster turn around time. Round trip for me would be about 5800 miles. I can't take that much time off right now.

Great seat, nice workmanship and still feels good after riding hours (and sometimes days) in the saddle ('02 K1200RS). But there were some delays in getting it delivered. (But wasn't an issue for me, I had a spare seat to use while I waited).

I felt it was money well spent.

+1 on the RM seat. My comments are in some of the threads found by the search function. Best custom seat I've ever owned, but I did have the advantage of a ride in fitting and build. Ricky's had some major turmoil in his personal life lately, but appears to making a concerted effort to get things back on track. I'd not hesitate to buy from him again...

Cheers!

Rick Mayer seat.....

Does anyone have experience with Rick Myer seats?

I've had nothing but a comfortable ride every since I had the BMW K1600 saddle reworked by Rick. About 3 months after the sadle was done I took about a 7k mile trip. Started in SoCal and ended up at Sturgis-2013. Took as many side roads as possible to get as much of the windies as I could find and also road through 8 states. Seat is Leather and gets a treatment of Ricks special mix as needed, which is included with seat purchase.

I looked at a bunch of sites and found that he has very good knowledge of materials to fit your specific needs. If it's not exactly what you like, he'll re-work it at no-charge. Just take a good look at his site and read all the details which he's provided. Ya, Rocky was closer and I stopped by to talk to him. I made a decision to go with Rick and my BUTT has been VERY pleased with the results. That's my two cents........

I bought a Rick Mayer seat last year. :thumb It is an awesome seat, great look and workmanship...and you can spend hours in the saddle with no discomfort. To eliminate downtime, I obtained a beater seat off ebay and sent it to Rick. Kept riding on my stocker until Rick completed my seat.

Unless you can ride there dont!

Does anyone have experience with Rick Myer seats?
Read and heard how great they are, so I decided to go with him.
Sent my seat in January 13th, charged my card the 20th. Called and said I would have it mid February. That became March, Middle of March, End of March, Absolutely will ship the 4th of April, he then lost my seat and had to prove UPS delivered it, now 2 more weeks, still no seat, and no communication.
Cancelled the order today, got my money refunded from my credit card company today, but now I cant get an answer when and if I will get my seat back.
Proceed at your own risk! I am sure he builds a great product, but his business practices suck at best!
Regards
Rick H.

Sent my seat to his brother Tuesday. He is promising a one day turn around on the new RT seats. Report back when I have put some miles on it.

BMS seats

I sent the seat for my RT off a few weeks ago from Florida on a Monday. They received it on the following Friday. They shipped it on Tuesday and I received it the following Monday. So much better than my stock seat. I tried for almost 6000 miles to make the seat like me and vice versa but no joy there so I broke down. The seat continues to breakin and shape to my rearend. I', headed off for 3k miles in the morning. so I will have more info in a week.

Back