• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

12th Annual Fathers Day Weekend Campout June 13-15, 2014

gsjay

This Fathers day weekend bring Dad and the kids as we return to Pioneer Park Campground in south central Pennsylvania.

Pioneer Park is a terrific full-service camping resort with excellent showers and facilities just minutes away from the PA Turnpike Exit #10, Somerset, or the Donegal Exit #9. From Somerset take Route 31 west seven miles to campground. From Donegal, take Route 31 east 12 miles to campground.

Admission is just $45 for the full weekend ($40 if preregistered), and includes two nights camping, three meals, loads of door prizes, self-guided ride info and 11th Annual rally pin for the first 100 pre-registrants. Somerset is home to the new National Park at the Flight 93 crash site. Additionally, Frank Lloyd Wright?s Fallingwater is 40 minutes away and you are only 30 minutes from historic Johnstown and its Flood Museum and National Park. There is great riding in all directions with many self-guided tours available.

Friday evening enjoy gourmet dump stew (bring a can or two to add to the pot,) hotdogs and snacks until they are gone with morning coffee and tea each day. Saturday enjoy a catered dinner with chicken and beef and enjoy a hearty send off breakfast Sunday morning. Pavilion, picnic tables, hot showers and campfire wood provided. Motels and restaurants nearby and there will be a Saturday night campground band.

Discounts available for one night stays, noncamping stays or those 16 and younger. For a downloadable preregistration form, visit http://www.thevuelta.com/CampoutRegistration2014.pdf.

For additional information email gjbiv1stsgtusmc@yahoo.com or gsjay@kaplitz.com or call 814-615-9138 . Preregistration is appreciated. Send check with name and contact information to LHBMWR c/o 840 Basin Drive, Windber, PA 15963.

a month out

We're about a month out from our 12th annual campout!

Wow, time flies! Seems like just the other day we held the first one.

Seems that the contact info on the Owners News is incorrect.
gsjay@kaplitz.com or 1 814 615 9138 Jason
gjbiv1stsgtusmc@yahoo.com or 1 814 243 6681 George

We'll have a BUNCH of door prizes this year and great catered food like the past couple of years!

Please get those pre registration forms in as soon as you can.

www.lhbmwr.com go to the campout tab for a downloadable form.

tks,
jason

We're ready!!!

Our Laurel Highlands BMW Campout will be here before you know it. There's still time to send in your pre-registration and save some money so get it in the mail while you're thinking of it. Things are coming together and we're excited to see everyone there!:D

rally time

Hi Jason, hope to be coming down this year, my brother has backed out,as the canadian vintage rally is that same weekend,he talked me into going last year ,but not this, hope to visit fort nessisity ,:eatthe wife has reminded me to bring a couple of cans of mixed veg, so see you there ,Jimmy,

Weather is looking good!

Just saw the weather report for this weekend. Just a small 30% chance of rain for early Friday and nothing shown for Saturday or Sunday. Come on out and enjoy this great weather and campout.:clap

Inaugural Ride

I have been to this rally a couple of times the past few years. Tomorrow I am finally getting my lovely wife to join me. I've told her about the pithy conversation around the campfire and the friendly crowd, but the real reason she's riding up this year is because our daughter Renate just finished the Basic Riders Course here in Northern Virginia and this will be her first rally to attend as a rider. George, our excellent local mechanic has her F800ST running like a top and she is very excited.

I have been to this rally a couple of times the past few years. Tomorrow I am finally getting my lovely wife to join me. I've told her about the pithy conversation around the campfire and the friendly crowd, but the real reason she's riding up this year is because our daughter Renate just finished the Basic Riders Course here in Northern Virginia and this will be her first rally to attend as a rider. George, our excellent local mechanic has her F800ST running like a top and she is very excited.

We're glad to hear you and your family will be joining us for the campout! Have a great ride, we'll see you tomorrow!
Stacey
Laurel Highlands Treasurer

Another great Father's Day with the Laurel Highlands club

We rode up to this rally from the Washington, DC area and had a great time. Every year this club put on a terrific small and relaxed rally. I especially enjoyed talking to a couple of my fellow old timers about the rally crowd over the years. Some really nice Airheads showed up on Saturday. A great meal on Saturday night and we won a door prize or two. Can't wait until next year.

hi,Jason and team

Just a wee note to say, I got home ok, lots of mist up to fort Ligener,but really good twisty roads, if you could see more than 20 feet ,could not find 219 north (must bring it in at night ) ,left Somerset at 6.30 am got home 6.10 pm 853 km ,not bad ,Thank you so much for your kindness , and for running this rally each year ,good motorcycling every direction ,great camp site, with pool ,fishing ,and plenty of things for kids (if you got em ), the best food I ever had at a rally,including Friday nights dump stew , (which I dropped in on!! )people should take note, and make it a date for next year ,I know they wont be sorry, well thanks to you and your great team (read great bunch of people) PS, fort Necessity was great ,and enjoyed evenmore with Rich, a guy I met at the rally now a good friend, well Im sure your glad ,I just wrote a wee note , ride safe, Jimmy:clap

Just a wee note to say, I got home ok, lots of mist up to fort Ligener,but really good twisty roads, if you could see more than 20 feet ,could not find 219 north (must bring it in at night ) ,left Somerset at 6.30 am got home 6.10 pm 853 km ,not bad ,Thank you so much for your kindness , and for running this rally each year ,good motorcycling every direction ,great camp site, with pool ,fishing ,and plenty of things for kids (if you got em ), the best food I ever had at a rally,including Friday nights dump stew , (which I dropped in on!! )people should take note, and make it a date for next year ,I know they wont be sorry, well thanks to you and your great team (read great bunch of people) PS, fort Necessity was great ,and enjoyed evenmore with Rich, a guy I met at the rally now a good friend, well Im sure your glad ,I just wrote a wee note , ride safe, Jimmy:clap

Great to hear you had a good time and that you made it home safe! We look forward to seeing you (and maybe a couple of friends) at next years campout. Have a great summer riding!
Stacey and Tim Papinchak

We rode up to this rally from the Washington, DC area and had a great time. Every year this club put on a terrific small and relaxed rally. I especially enjoyed talking to a couple of my fellow old timers about the rally crowd over the years. Some really nice Airheads showed up on Saturday. A great meal on Saturday night and we won a door prize or two. Can't wait until next year.

Thanks for coming and giving us the wonderful compliments about our campout! We were glad to meet your family and it's great to see a young female rider getting excited about motorcycling. Have a great riding season!

some photos

not sure I can post some photos taken at the rally but here goes ,Jimmy;)

Attachments

• P.A Rally 2014 037.jpg
    P.A Rally 2014 037.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 28
  • P.A Rally 2014 038.jpg
    P.A Rally 2014 038.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 28
  • P.A Rally 2014 042.jpg
    P.A Rally 2014 042.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 28
Back