• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Blitz to Branson ?

jacko

"Jack"
Getting old.. Looked on the IBMWR web site for this years date for the Blitz and only last years date. Anyone like to post this years Blitz info?

This year the Blitz To Branson will be held April 25-26, though in years
past many people arrived on Thursday. We will once again meet at the
Honeysuckle Inn & Conference Center in Branson Missouri located at 3598
Shepherd Of The Hills Expressway. It is near the intersection of
Shepherd Of The Hills Expressway and Highway 76. The coordinates are N36
39.161 W93 17.371

Make your reservations at 1-888-386-3648 and be sure to tell them you
are with the Internet BMW Riders to get the special rate. They do have a
two day cancellation policy, and if you are arriving later than 9:00PM
be sure to let them know so they will hold the room for you. This is the
off season, so they might not man the phones 24/7. I will be trying to
check people's names off as they arrive. If I don't see you first, just
look for the black K1 and let me know you have arrived.

The Honeysuckle Inn rooms will ALL be NON-smoking and the cost is the
same as last year at $55 for a double with 2 queen beds. A room with a
King is $65. The rooms all open to the outside with a covered walkway.
They have an indoor pool, complimentary breakfast and a lot of level
(for Branson) parking. There are several good restaurants within walking
distance. The meeting room seats 100 so we will be able to fit almost
everyone in for the Saturday night event.

Camping is available with the most Scenic Camping at Table Rock Lake
State Park - 10.3 miles from the Branson. Located on Table Rock Lake -
90 camp sites. No need to reserve a site due to early season. Showers
are available. To get to the State Park exit Hwy 65 approx. 4 miles
south of Branson on Hwy 165. Go WEST approximately 6 miles and the State
Park is on your left.

If you plan on attending, contact me at d_warren@charter.net with your
name(s) and location and I will add you to this list.I will try to post
an update of the attendees to the list at least once a week. If you
give me your name and don't see it when the list gets updated, please
let me know. I have not planned on bringing any awards or door prizes,
so if anyone wants to contribute here is your chance.

Jay Altazan would like to let people know that he lives nearby in
Mountain Home AR and that he has a lift, tire machine, balancer, and
tools available if needed. He also has a truck & trailer available for
retrievals. This is offered at no cost to the rally attendees! WOW!

Blitz Question

Did everyone who left Branson Sunday get home alright?

I left Saturday morning in the rain in a botched attempt to miss the rain on Sunday. Found a couple new good back roads while meandering towards Cassville from Branson. Then had a hefty tail wind pushing my Wee Strom north home.

This was probably the best riding visit ever to MoAr, but after 8 days I was starting to get a little worn. Was sorry to leave early, but it was nice to have a day to rest before heading back to work on Monday.

Last to leave on Monday as we had some days to kill. Helen caught this on her phone ! Right before the short hail storm
photo-5.jpg

The rest of our trip was a bit calmer, but way too much fun. We were trying to get past an incoming storm line after leaving camp on Mt Nebo Tuesday morning.

photo-8.jpg

It was sunny overhead, not so much right behind us.

He understood, but reminded us it was 55 UNTIL we got to TX:D Helen got the written...me the verbal :thumb

Maroon stealth Charger State Trooper...never saw him...until...

Another Blitz ...all good!

Wishing all the storm victims from the tornadoes the best, and prayers for those lost. An EF4 that close was close enough!

We had a fine but cool and windy ride home.

On Monday.

Sunday we rode as far as my sister's at Holiday Island and watched the rain pour down in sheets while we shopped.

You got to know when to fold them.

I did hear from Paul and Gail Thorne. They made it back to Mississippi though not so pleasantly.

Voni
sMiling

Annie and I hope to make it home today. We had a very windy ride across OK to the Panhandle to see friends and dealt with 40 MPH winds. We stopped in an area near Miami that was later hit by a tornado. On the western prairies we could stop and watch storm cells cross our path. On Wednesday we left Texhoma OK headed north. We made it only 40 miles to Elkhart KS and had to stop because of winds of 54 MPH, dust storms and driving rain. We are now in Gillette WY about 480 miles from home and think we can make it. Our bikes look like they were spray painted with prairie dust and after a day of being pummeled by the wind we feel as if we just went 10 rounds with the heavy weight boxing champ. But it beats sitting home on the sofa.

Sure does!

Safe travels!

We're off to Grandparents' Day in Iowa. And then home to the Adobe.

Voni
sMiling

Home today after a great ride across MT on Hwy 12. Little wind and heaps of sunshine. Now to remove the Kansas dust from every crack and crevice.

Back