Thread: Keep 2012 GS or trade up to 14' GSA or GT

Keep 2012 GS or trade up to 14' GSA or GT

I have a 12' GS and love it. I have had the greatest confidence on this bike. I ride 90% pave and this has been a better tourer for me than a Harley or RT. However, I do miss a little better wind protection and cruise control. I test rode the 14' LC GS & GSA and GT. I am 5'7" and a 29" inseam so I have risers on the handlebars. I can tip toe the GSA, but to me that is fine. I am debating to trade up to the 14' GSA or since I hardly ever ride off the beaten path a GT.

Anyone else thinking about this?

Thanks!

Maybe the correct comment is not anyone thinking this to any suggestions / thoughts?

Ride both. See which speaks to you louder. Choice made.

So, keep the 2012 GS or go for the 14' GSA?

Riding Geek
    Quote Originally Posted by P944T View Post
    I have a 12' GS and love it. I have had the greatest confidence on this bike. I ride 90% pave and this has been a better tourer for me than a Harley or RT. However, I do miss a little better wind protection and cruise control. I test rode the 14' LC GS & GSA and GT. I am 5'7" and a 29" inseam so I have risers on the handlebars. I can tip toe the GSA, but to me that is fine. I am debating to trade up to the 14' GSA or since I hardly ever ride off the beaten path a GT.

Anyone else thinking about this?

Thanks!
    It depends on your goals. Cruise control is certainly nice, but a throttle lock can be a worthwhile proxy. Changing the windscreen for better wind protection is simple and many options available for the GS.

The newer models are heavier than the outgoing model, but have more power to offset it plus some.

The hit you'll get on the trade in is probably the bigger factor. Is a factory windscreen and cruise control worth that to you? Are the looks, power, weight, suspension tweaks worth the cost to you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I had a 2011gs and sold it. Bought a GT
    Never looked back

You might look at the new RT though

Imho

The GSA offers way better coverage for touring. However, being of slight stature, that huge gas tank and additional weight can come up and bite you in the butt without warning. The GS is much more nimble.

YMMV
    Enjoying the ride, but always on the alert for a rally.......

Since you ride mostly pavement, why not a 2012 or 2013 RT? Great prices on them lately now that the new wethead version is out. Might not cost you much at all to swap over.

The GT is a completely different animal. Not saying you wouldn't like it, but way different feel than a boxer.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
    2012 R1200RT
    2012 Super Tenere
    2001 R1100RT (sold)

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by P944T View Post
    So, keep the 2012 GS or go for the 14' GSA?
    C'mon, you're trolling us, right?

You seem like a grown up. As has been said already, ride both then decide on one.

Thanks! I think I am going to take the GSA out for the weekend. The dealership said I could and I'll go from there.

trading GS !

Try the 14 RT sounds like a new bike allover more h.p. styling handling etc. I ride an 08 and I`m 62 but bike is a bit non exciting so I`m looking forward to the new bike or you might sell your gs buy an older off road to save $ .Possibly a Ducati Multistrada 2010 and up might be for you good luck.