• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Keep 2012 GS or trade up to 14' GSA or GT

P944T

I have a 12' GS and love it. I have had the greatest confidence on this bike. I ride 90% pave and this has been a better tourer for me than a Harley or RT. However, I do miss a little better wind protection and cruise control. I test rode the 14' LC GS & GSA and GT. I am 5'7" and a 29" inseam so I have risers on the handlebars. I can tip toe the GSA, but to me that is fine. I am debating to trade up to the 14' GSA or since I hardly ever ride off the beaten path a GT.

Anyone else thinking about this?

Thanks!

I have a 12' GS and love it. I have had the greatest confidence on this bike. I ride 90% pave and this has been a better tourer for me than a Harley or RT. However, I do miss a little better wind protection and cruise control. I test rode the 14' LC GS & GSA and GT. I am 5'7" and a 29" inseam so I have risers on the handlebars. I can tip toe the GSA, but to me that is fine. I am debating to trade up to the 14' GSA or since I hardly ever ride off the beaten path a GT.

Anyone else thinking about this?

Thanks!

It depends on your goals. Cruise control is certainly nice, but a throttle lock can be a worthwhile proxy. Changing the windscreen for better wind protection is simple and many options available for the GS.

The newer models are heavier than the outgoing model, but have more power to offset it plus some.

The hit you'll get on the trade in is probably the bigger factor. Is a factory windscreen and cruise control worth that to you? Are the looks, power, weight, suspension tweaks worth the cost to you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Imho

The GSA offers way better coverage for touring. However, being of slight stature, that huge gas tank and additional weight can come up and bite you in the butt without warning. The GS is much more nimble.

YMMV

Since you ride mostly pavement, why not a 2012 or 2013 RT? Great prices on them lately now that the new wethead version is out. Might not cost you much at all to swap over.

The GT is a completely different animal. Not saying you wouldn't like it, but way different feel than a boxer.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Thanks! I think I am going to take the GSA out for the weekend. The dealership said I could and I'll go from there.

trading GS !

Try the 14 RT sounds like a new bike allover more h.p. styling handling etc. I ride an 08 and I`m 62 but bike is a bit non exciting so I`m looking forward to the new bike or you might sell your gs buy an older off road to save $ .Possibly a Ducati Multistrada 2010 and up might be for you good luck.

Back