Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A Fairly Farkled F800GT

Very informative write-up, racer7. Thanks!

I'm interested to hear about your experience with the AF-XiED. I just installed one on my F800GT last week. After running a tank full of gas through it the motor seems stronger and perhaps a bit smoother. I will run several more tanks full through it then reset the BMS-K so I can get a better before/after comparison. The AF-XiED made a dramatic difference on my R1150GS, but I don't expect it to be as dramatic on the F800 because the fueling is already better controlled.
    Wally Gingerich
    Shaker Heights, OH

Wally,
    I've got an AF-XiED installed on an R1100S and the change is dramatic- conpletely transforms the bike with a more aggressive and broader power curve.
    On the F800GT I'm still evaluating. Got it on one bike and not the other so we can do roll on comparisons, etc. It looks like I might gain a little power with it but because the GT has no major fueling issues changes are no where near as dramatic as with Motronics bikes.
    I do get a somewhat deeper exhaust tone and we've done enough mileage testing to know that if any differences exist, they are less than 3%. But the bike with AF-XiED is also hauling me and tools so 80-90 lbs more weight than the other and it has a bigger windscreen so one would expect it to use a small amount more fuel anyway.

Verholen Bars - Installation of Brake Extension

Great job on this motorcycle. My wife has ordered one and I must do what you just did (great model). I just received a set of Motorad Verholen Bar backs and I am not too sure were the brake extension is installed. I have looked at the bike in the showroom a month ago but my dealer does not have any in stock now and my memory is a little fuzzy. Any chance you can post a photo of where this piece goes and instructions on installation ? Thanks and I can only hope my wife's bike turns out as well as yours.
    David Nicholls
    Teulon Manitoba - Canada

2015 R1200GSA-LC

The extension goes right under the master cylinder. Then bike line to it. Bleed as usual.
    No photo handy and leaving town..., sorry.

Thanks for information on brake line

Yup, now I get it, should be no problem. Great article on modifications. No more please. My wife will do everything you do so no more please.
    David Nicholls
    Teulon Manitoba - Canada

2015 R1200GSA-LC

If your wife does everything I do, send her to me. I need a mechanic so I can relax.....
    Is her rate reasonable?

Tank Pads

Could you please share where you bought the tank pads for your GT?

Wunderlich Tank Pads

Thanks for the info. I visited the site that makes the tank pads for Wunderlich. They showed the use of double-backed tape, the type that has some thickness, to affix the pads to the bike. But, they only put the tape around the edges of the pad. The bulk of the pad isn't stuck to the bike, which bothers me. If the center of the polyurethane pad can move with the pressure of your knee, will the material eventually stretch/wear? I have always used Gripster tanks pads on previous bikes and Gripster pads are very good. I'm reluctant to buy the Wunderlich pads because of the way they attach. Any one have any experience with the Wunderlich pads?

Gripster (TECH SPEC) Tank Pads

I contacted Grispter (http://techspec-usa.com/magento/) and they do make tank pads for a 2013 F800GT, but this is not reflected on their website (yet). I chose to get the Pro 1 tank pad rather than the Pro 90 pad that they offer in the three piece set. total cost plus shipping for the three piece set was $73.45. More expensive than the Wunderlich, but I know that these are top quality.

They are indeed Wunderlichs and the worry about the tape is baseless. The tape they (and some others) us is plenty strong and the pads don't move at all over time, use or whatever. Just don't ask me about taking it off because I've never tried on any of my bikes. I suspect a little heat might be needed but haven't tried it.

Any pad can get worn/scuffed with time, especially if you have the ceramic fabric bits in the knees of your pants.

The bike described in this thread is about to be listed for sale on the MOA website. The reason is fleet size (7) reduction to a more manageable size.
    Check listings or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by racer7 View Post
    The bike described in this thread is about to be listed for sale on the MOA website. The reason is fleet size (7) reduction to a more manageable size.
    Check listings or PM me.
    what do you have in your fleet?

6 BMWs and a Honda- 4 are mine, 3 belong to the SO

Verholen Br Backs - Throttle cables

I installed the Verholen Bar backs on my wife's GT as you did. Excellent piece and she is very happy with the upgrade, however when she locks the bars to the left, with no throttle no issues, but when some throttle is applied the throttle cable is too tight and increases the throttle. I have tried every trick in re-routing the cable but cannot solve this problem. Did you have this issues and if not how did you solve it.

Great bike.
    David Nicholls
    Teulon Manitoba - Canada

2015 R1200GSA-LC