• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Your bike is in and ready for pickup....what!?

motodan

Been following the good container ship, OOCL Antwerp, for the last ten days. Watching its trips from Rotterdam to Bremerhaven to South Hampton and finally docking at NYC Port Authority on Tuesday morning. My Blue '14 RT was in a container on that ship...or so I was told/thought. However, yesterday afternoon I get a call from my dealer and told they were prepping "my" RT as we spoke. What? Story is, dealership had two identically equipped bikes ordered and I was given the VIN and details of one, but the other showed up first. SO...picking it up tomorrow, if the weather cooperates. I have defarkled my RT trade-in as my Suburban Foot Peg Lowering Kit, battery pigtail, rear fender emblem (with some fender modification), grip puppies, shift peg extension and other assorted items will fit the '14. Trading oil filters for new part# filters and a liter of 75W-140 (never opened) lube is going to my brother for his '09 RT's transmission, which I certainly no longer need. Anyway, not sure anyone wants or needs another road review of this machine, but I'll put something up shortly.

Been following the good container ship, OOCL Antwerp, for the last ten days. Watching its trips from Rotterdam to Bremerhaven to South Hampton and finally docking at NYC Port Authority on Tuesday morning. My Blue '14 RT was in a container on that ship...or so I was told/thought. However, yesterday afternoon I get a call from my dealer and told they were prepping "my" RT as we spoke. What? Story is, dealership had two identically equipped bikes ordered and I was given the VIN and details of one, but the other showed up first. SO...picking it up tomorrow, if the weather cooperates. I have defarkled my RT trade-in as my Suburban Foot Peg Lowering Kit, battery pigtail, rear fender emblem (with some fender modification), grip puppies, shift peg extension and other assorted items will fit the '14. Trading oil filters for new part# filters and a liter of 75W-140 (never opened) lube is going to my brother for his '09 RT's transmission, which I certainly no longer need. Anyway, not sure anyone wants or needs another road review of this machine, but I'll put something up shortly.

I installed the DL3 Suburban Machinery Kit on my New WetHead and that went just fine. The shifter on the new RT is completely different than previous Generation RT. It has a different attach point and the actual shift linkage comes directly of of the shifter. I did not go beyond ta visual inspection so I'm not sure if the shifter can be clocked into a lower position. its attached to the back side of the foot peg attachment fixture. If the shifter can be repositioned I'm not sure how much adjustability there is the linkage.

I have 3 days riding time mostly around town with lots of shifting and I don't find the new ergo's with lowered peg awkward, it does take a bit different foot placement to be comfortable shifting. Brake pedal seems to be different but fine, I actually liked it a little more than the OEM Position.

Last edited:
Back