Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: My 2014 R1200RT Review

Cowboyatheart
    Quote Originally Posted by 109418 View Post
    Yes there is an interior light, the case is carpeted, has a flat bottom and can hold 2 full helmets. The only thing that would make the case better would be an internal power supply for recharging gadgets.

The plug for the top case is located under the passenger seat and it looks like an easy unplug and pop the case off removal, but I like the case so much that I have never removed it. Well the passenger seat does require the tool under the main seat for removal, so I guess that is the hardest part.
    Could you tap into the brake light power to install an interior USB plug without negatively affecting the integrity of the top case?
    Moringa, your body & brain will thank you! PM for discounts Smart Mix at TasteMoringa.com
    XM3 Energy, real energy for the body & brain, no sugar high, XM3.Energy

Cowboyatheart
    Also, I see that BMW has a case that snaps in the top (inside) lid of the top box, that is good for maps, paper, pens and other storage.

Anybody have this?

Does it get in the way of putting helmets in the top case?
    Moringa, your body & brain will thank you! PM for discounts Smart Mix at TasteMoringa.com
    XM3 Energy, real energy for the body & brain, no sugar high, XM3.Energy

Quote Originally Posted by nelliott View Post
    Also, I see that BMW has a case that snaps in the top (inside) lid of the top box, that is good for maps, paper, pens and other storage.

Anybody have this?

Does it get in the way of putting helmets in the top case?
    I have one that i kept when I traded my K1600GTL for a 2014 R1200RT.
    It is a great little case to hold all kinds of stuff. I keep my MAC Book Pro in it and some other stuff. It does have a weight limit when attached to the top case. I think about 2.5 lbs.
    And yes it will get in the way when putting helmets in the top case.

Bill

Unhappy TOp Case Interference

I have the pop in case that hangs from the lid of the top case. I don't use it much. It interferes with the case liner. It is fine if you want a place to safely store your ipad, registration, insurance card and the like, and have little or nothing else in the top case. All things considered, I probably would not buy it. Its utility is extremely limited.
    Last edited by ericbeer; 10-18-2014 at 05:56 PM.