• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Missing a lot of Riding. My seat in a limbo Rick Mayer Cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a seat built on by Rick Mayer on a ride-in several years ago and at that time he said he put one day each week aside for ride-ins. I was happy with Rick and the seat but since then tried to purchase an item thru the mail and could get no response or the product until I called the manufacturer of the product.

Customer service seems to be at the bottom of his list of priorities. Too bad.

missing riding

I regret that my personal changes have affected my business-after 32 years I filed for divorce in January and had to relocate my shop-and redefine my life to a large degree-I regret that a number of customer orders have been affected during this change. It has been a personal struggle of mine to regain some sense of order, and I hope the community at large, and Mr. Garcia and others whose ship date is overdue in particular will not only grant some degree of compassion, and understanding, but also enjoy their saddle in the end. I intend on shipping all orders scheduled for February by the end of the month, and by mid April be fully caught up so that everyone can enjoy their motorcycles once again.

I have been in the community a long time, yet I know for each customer that does not know me, their first experience is the one they will most likely remember and in that regard I regret any less-than-positive experiences.

Thank you all for your understanding.
Rick

Just to vent my frustration... After talking with Rick Mayer last December we agreed on me sending my 2012 R1200RT seat and paying for the modification service. Both payment and seat shipping were made in December.
This is copy of e-mail message I got from him January 24:
Hi Mr. Garcia I see your saddle was started in mid December-however the move over Christmas effected our schedule and I see it is on track to ship next week-I apologize for the extended delay. You will see a tracking # when we have it boxed. Regards and thank you for your patience.Rick

After numerous phone call messages, he left me a message on March 3, saying that he will finish my seat Friday 7 and will call me with the tracking number.
As of today March 13 and more phone calls messages from my part I have not heard anything from Mr. Mayer.
I don't know how to express my frustration with this kind of service, let alone three months of not riding --I live in El Paso, Tx. I can ride almost all year around---
Can't enjoy my retirement just because this______kind of business. Obviously I do not recommend you engage on this kind of deals.
If anyone by any chance knows Rick or have ideas as to how to make him complete his part of the deal, pleas PM me.
Thank you
Rodolfo Garcia

Too bad on the "personal" front, that you had to file for divorce. Not a path anyone wants to be on, for sure. Really hope calm is restored in short order...for all. And then again, it would have been to the "business'" favor had this short message been sent two to three months ago...especially to those customers who had been waiting and waiting. Life goes on.

Sorry this thread brought the public into your personal life. It's truly nobody's business but thanks for being upfront of what has impacted your life/business. Hope things settle into the new "normal" for you and your business.

For those who never have gone down the path of separation/divorce after a long term relationship...good for you...for those who have, you should have some compassion for the overall world upside down chain of events that accompany that major life changing event.

As repeat customers, we still support your business and will continue to use your products. Helen in particular has had a very good experience with all her purchases and dealings with you.

I believe you have answered the OP's and others questions.

Thread Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back