• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2007 Rally!

beemerPhil said:
Alberta/BC's a fine idea- do you really know a place? Anywhere near Jasper? The Icefields Parkway is one of the most beautiful rides I remember....I'd go at the drop of a hat. :clap

I haven't seen Lake Louise in 10 years, but the color of that water stays with you a long time.

Still, we'd lose a lot of members that can't get the time off, and the whines might get kinda loud....... :violin

But I could live with that! :dance

This place is kind of cool. Near Nelson BC - one of my favorite towns in North America

http://www.toadrockcampground.com/

The National Rally Locations List - Revisited!

Callmethebreeze said:
{2005-11-07} Slash/5 also posted the list on the Forum. I don't have the link, but maybe someone can find it and repost as a sticky?
Breeze

vincewinkel said:
{2005-11-07} I can't find it either. So we'll get the rally list online somewhere.

Thanks,
Vince Winkel

The new guy .........

Here's the National Rallies Location List again for anyone wondering...

Page 8 of the 2005 Anonymous lists the Nationals from ÔÇÖ73 to the present. Check out the location pattern and the facility used for each rally:

1973 - Morgan Hill, CALIFORNIA (fairground)
1974 - Table Rock, SOUTH CAROLINA (campground)
1975 - Branson, MISSOURI (campground)
1976 - Oshkosh, WISCONSIN (EAA airfield facility)
1977 - Colorado Springs, COLORADO (a dude ranch!)
1978 - Rutland, VERMONT (fairground)
1979 - Brainerd, MINNESOTA (a racetrack!)
1980 - Prineville, OREGON (fairground)
1981 - Hurricane Mills, TENNESSEE (a dude ranch)
1982 - Shreve, OHIO (campground)
1983 - Lake Placid, NEW YORK (a horse show grounds)
1984 - Missoula, MONTANA (fairground)
1985 - Lake Wales, FLORIDA (resort)
1986 - Laguna Seca, CALIFORNIA (THE motorcycle raceway)
1987 - Escanaba, MICHIGAN (fairground)
1988 - Madison, INDIANA (fairground)
1989 - York, PENNSYLVANIA (fairground)
1990 - Rapid City, SOUTH DAKOTA (fairground)
1991 - Flagstaff, ARIZONA (fairground)
1992 - DuQuoin, ILLINOIS (fairground)
1993 - Oshkosh, WISCONSIN (fairground)
1994 - Moodus, CONNECTICUT (resort)
1995 - Durango, COLORADO (fairground)
1996 - Morganton, NORTH CAROLINA (fairground)
1997 - Fredricksburg, TEXAS (municipal park)
1998 - Missoula, MONTANA (fairground)
1999 - Rhinebeck, NEW YORK (fairground)
2000 - Midland, MICHIGAN (fairground)
2001 - Redmond, OREGON (fairground)
2002 - Trenton, ONTARIO (city park ÔÇô a LARGE city park!)
2003 - Charleston, WEST VIRGINIA (an ÔÇÿin townÔÇÖ Civic Center)
2004 - Spokane, WASHINGTON (fairground)
2005 - Lima, OHIO (fairground)
2006 - Burlington, VERMONT (fairground)
2007 - only 'The Shadow' knows for sure ` `

34 rallies held in 20 fairgrounds, 3 campgrounds, 2 resorts, 1 airport facility, 2 racetracks, 1 horse show venue, 2 city parks, 1 downtown Civic Center and 2 dude ranches. Common denominator seems to be "the fairground" where thereÔÇÖs lots of camping space, good permanent facilities and a large grandstand or arena.

How about Vancouver, B.C.? Windy roads, Beautiful Mountains, Whistler.......

2007 Rally?

cadillacranch said:
How about Vancouver, B.C.? Windy roads, Beautiful Mountains, Whistler.......

Now, all you have to do is find a rally site big enough to accommodate 7000 riders with lots of camping and about 2000 hotel rooms and food outlets to feed them. Seems simple Eh! but when you start looking there a very few places to look after us.

Chillicothe, Oh. it's not flat, they host the easy riders there, so I am guessing they could handle us. Good riding and a big fairground.

Kiltmeister said:
Now, all you have to do is find a rally site big enough to accommodate 7000 riders with lots of camping and about 2000 hotel rooms and food outlets to feed them. Seems simple Eh! but when you start looking there a very few places to look after us.

Even fewer in Canada. But I know someone who found a good one!

Chilicothe, OH

lorazepam said:
Chillicothe, Oh. it's not flat, they host the easy riders there, so I am guessing they could handle us. Good riding and a big fairground.
Is the paper plant still there? When I used to do SCCA Pro-rallying they had fantastic roads around Chilicothe but what a stench from the plant.

dataman said:
Is the paper plant still there? When I used to do SCCA Pro-rallying they had fantastic roads around Chilicothe but what a stench from the plant.

still smells but not 24/7 anymore.

lorazepam said:

Just peeking in to see how Rally '07 is................
The hilly parts of Ohio are much different than Lima, but I'm still guessing there would be resistance to such a move. In any event, if it comes back in this region, give me a hollar if ya'll want some more good music...........

MBB

Oopps! 2007 National Rally site goes POOF!

gsmetal said:
. . . any ideas on when we get the location of the 2007 rally?? (2005-07-30)
MarkF said:
. . .ALASKA OR LAS VEGAS (2005-07-30)
KBasa said:
. . . We're still finalizing arrangements with the site, so we can't announce yet. (2005-07-30)
KBasa said:
. . . Las Vegas, man :ha (2005-08-29)
KBasa said:
. . . I still like Vegas. Airconditioning rocks (2005-09-02)
MarkF said:
. . . Everyone knows WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS, STAYS IN VEGAS (2005-09-08)

Las Vegas hotel goes POOF!

Mr. President: Wasn't this the place chosen for the 2007 National Rally site?
` ` ` Now what?

Attachments

• asd.jpg
    asd.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 247
07 site

SlashFiveTourer said:

` ` ` Now what?

Now we can probably negotiate a more favorable rate than the previous quote. As long as the air conditioned multi level parking garage is not damaged, we are "good to go"!

:D

Friedle
Member, MOA Rally Site Selection Committee

Challenge

OK, here is another one.
How about we make it more challenging for the judges for the furthest ride to the rallye?
What if we had the 2007 rallye in the center of the US, let's say KANSAS. :beer
Don't forget your "Ruby Shoes" if you should get blown away. :nyah
Sorry, bad joke, but I couldn't resist.

2007 Rally Site

Whiplash said:
OK, here is another one.
How about we make it more challenging for the judges for the furthest ride to the rallye?
What if we had the 2007 rallye in the center of the US, let's say KANSAS. :beer
Don't forget your "Ruby Shoes" if you should get blown away. :nyah
Sorry, bad joke, but I couldn't resist.

I think the best idea for a rally site is to not let anyone know about it until the very last minute. Let's say we all ride to New Orleans in July and at the Central grocery store, in the French Quarter, everyone will get directions to the rally site in Colorado Springs,Colorado.
Then no one will have an advantage over anyone else as far as hotel room space is concerned. I wonder if anyone could keep a secret that long?? He! He! :bikes

Smart money will put the 07 rally somewhere near more interesting riding roads than the flat midwest.( I used to live in IN) Most riders have only a few weeks of vacation time and would rather spend it somewhere scenic. Vermont is a great choice with many beautiful roads all over the New England area. So something similar is hopefully the choice for 07. :thumb

:type ...after reviewing all said, we have decided that southern California would be our preference for 2007. LD 2up :rocker Doing it like a chump would be 3,700 miles (that's how they really measure isn't it?). Now, where is that address for Myer saddles :dunno No matter what though, please make it west of the glorious Mississippi! Thanks y'all. -Bob

I hope its far far away... So i can have a good time riding to the nationals.. And i hope there is good weather, swistie roads, and a lot of good venders, and bikes...

SlashFiveTourer said:

` ` ` Now what?

Crap. :ha

Actually, in a weird coincidence, I was in Vegas last week when they imploded that building. I was staying at the Mirage for a conference and heard the booms when they blew it up.

I'm holding out for Mandalay Bay. There's plenty of camping out by the pool and having drinks delivered to your tent is pretty sweet.

Back