Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: New Guy in SoCal

  1. #1
    Utah 12 - what a road!
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Camarillo, CA
    Posts
    52

    New Guy in SoCal

    Joined the BMWMOA group today to see how I can enjoy the new BMW RT that will be here soon.

    Strange story on how I came to be getting an RT, though. Sold my 2014 GSW to get one.
    Wish I would have known earlier about the RT.

  2. #2
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mansfield,MA
    Posts
    14,187
    Welcome to the forum! Any chance you could ship some warm weather east?
    Gary
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

  3. #3
    Utah 12 - what a road!
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Camarillo, CA
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Welcome to the forum! Any chance you could ship some warm weather east?
    Gary
    Any chance you guys have some moisture to share??
    I'll make you a deal, deal!

  4. #4
    It is what it is. Bud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    7,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Ldhardy12 View Post
    Joined the BMWMOA group today to see how I can enjoy the new BMW RT that will be here soon.

    Strange story on how I came to be getting an RT, though. Sold my 2014 GSW to get one.
    Wish I would have known earlier about the RT.
    Sold one wethead to buy another. You must be the first to do that!

    Love to see a pic of the new RT when it shows up.

    Welcome to the forum and the MOA family. Glad to have you as a member.

  5. #5
    It is what it is. Bud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    7,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Ldhardy12 View Post
    Any chance you guys have some moisture to share??
    I'll make you a deal, deal!
    Will frozen moisture be OK?

  6. #6
    Utah 12 - what a road!
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Camarillo, CA
    Posts
    52

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Bud View Post
    Sold one wethead to buy another. You must be the first to do that!

    Love to see a pic of the new RT when it shows up.

    Welcome to the forum and the MOA family. Glad to have you as a member.
    Nice to be here. The reason the RT is on the way and that the GS has left the building is that the GS was not as comfortable for my wife.
    Loved the GS, but there was no way I would be able to ride it for a three week trip unless she came along with me. We really like road trips
    and we've done thousands of miles on or Honda ST1100 and the RoadGlide.

    I like her to ride with me and it would have been really tough to keep 4 bikes in the garage. Still need to find the right lottery ticket to allow that to happen.
    And, no to the frozen moisture. Makes riding the canyons here more of a challenge than they already are.
    Last edited by Ldhardy12; 03-05-2014 at 04:02 PM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ldhardy12 View Post

    I like her to ride with me and it would have been really tough to keep 4 bikes in the garage.
    Easy solution. Build an auxiliary garage for the extra bikes. And make sure to build a bunk into one of the walls in case you get into trouble.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •