• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Touring Morocco

phil0144

Phil0144
I'm exploring a tour to Morocco this fall and want to hear from people who have done it. Observations about rental companies and other advice you can provide would be welcome. I am looking currently at IMT and Motoadventours as tour providers.

Stephen (oops...I thought your name was Phil :blush ) -

I did a bit of a search. Here's a tip on searching the forum. There is a search feature in the upper right, but it's so-so...worth a try...just put Morocco in the box. Another cool way to search is to use google. Go to the google launch page and type "site:bmwmoa.org morocco" in the box. I found a few recent threads...I'm sure you can find more.

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?57068-Morocco-motorcycle-rentals

https://bmwmoa.org/RideTour/GlobalTouring/BeyondEurope/ToursRentals/Morocco.aspx

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?58176-Magical-Morocco

Horizons Unlimited or ADV using various regional forums will get you way more action than here. Trip Advisor may not be a MC person commenting but great for direct contact with English speakers that live/work/travel where you want to go. Trip Advisor forum for that country or region-same for others.

Horizons Unlimited or ADV using various regional forums will get you way more action than here. Trip Advisor may not be a MC person commenting but great for direct contact with English speakers that live/work/travel where you want to go. Trip Advisor forum for that country or region-same for others.

Thanks. Good advice. I will check with them. I am using the forum thinking the responses will come from like-minded people with similar interests, but you are right that I should explore more outlets.

Thanks. Good advice. I will check with them. I am using the forum thinking the responses will come from like-minded people with similar interests, but you are right that I should explore more outlets.

Lonely Planet & all the other travel book brands each have a travel forum. Rick Steves probably went there & has lots to say too. Morocco is a popular destination. There are what seems to me like too many of these, Doing a simple search this morning about a particular Central American bus trip had lots of them showing up.
Not a criticism of you or people found here either, but simple fact is that to a large degree it doesn't matter if your on or off a bike for much in the way of pertinent travel information.
here it seems that many are "MC tour buyers", obviously their choice. In comparison, you'll find almost zero "MC tour buyers", again their choice, on most other world travel websites. In my experience, "here" is the least likely place to get world travel information.
E.g. is that a specific question will get you reactions from people that actually live in those other countries & also those that travel to them often. A simple look at the traffic here in these parts of the forum tells the story- not much "live action", as the KY Turtle Man says...
I do like to look at where MC tour operators travel to,their routes,lodging choices,etc., for ideas on planning my own trips.
The planning part, which some either don't have time for or maybe just too lazy, or don't know how?-that's a large part of getting yourself where YOU want to go! & it can be both fun & frustrating too.
Wish I was going with you!

I was just on another Horizons Unlimited forum & noticed the "Morocco forum" there had 86 people viewing it now.

Last edited:
Great Morocco Ride

I'm exploring a tour to Morocco this fall and want to hear from people who have done it. Observations about rental companies and other advice you can provide would be welcome. I am looking currently at IMT and Motoadventours as tour providers.

We did the trip with IMT two years ago; that makes two trips with IMT and I recommend Scott and his team. Here's a link to my trip video: http://youtu.be/fW758r_V4mE

Just an all-round great time.

Any specific questions, just let me know.

Mike

P.C. Volunteer Morocco

I was a Peace Corps Volunteer in Morocco back in the late 80's.
Loved the country, people and food.....really like stepping back in time 2K years.
I lived in Agadir on the coast and rode a Peace Corps issue Yamaha 175.....big bike for the time.

You'll love it

Back