• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Gray is Green

motodan

In Florida for a while (escaping the never ending winter up north). Stopped at Euro BMW in Tampa today. They have two Q-Blue models, one is a demo. Also have the satin finished gray model, it really has a green hue to it. They've yet to receive an Ebony model. I saw Ebony model in Indianapolis, in the sun, a really deep burgundy. Looked good, but I went with Q-Blue for a change. Oil filter has changed, not same part number as '13 RT.

In Florida for a while (escaping the never ending winter up north). Stopped at Euro BMW in Tampa today. They have two Q-Blue models, one is a demo. Also have the satin finished gray model, it really has a green hue to it. They've yet to receive an Ebony model. I saw Ebony model in Indianapolis, in the sun, a really deep burgundy. Looked good, but I went with Q-Blue for a change. Oil filter has changed, not same part number as '13 RT.

This is the first year that I can think of that I have liked all of the color choices that are offered. I was going to go with gray until I saw a well lit video of the ebony and then I switched at the last minute. The ebony is an interesting color that changes depending on the light conditions, but does show any spec of dust or dirt. The Q-blue is definitely the most photogenic. But then there's that simple grey with such a low-key super bike statement. Tough choice.

Enjoy the new ride!

Last edited:
I didn't care for any of the colors when i saw them in the promo releases and on the BMW web site. Once i saw the Ebony in person though, I was quite impressed with it. The other colors are still too bland for me.

Back