Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: "Who Wouldn't Want To Win This?"

I don't find it appealing at all but still want to win it. For 30% in taxes compared to 100% buying outright I'll definitely take it, sell it for around 80% and have half the price of a new bike to put toward whatever one I want.
    CCC, NRA, OOIDA Life Member
    BMWMOA Member 15945

K Bikes Complex by Choice cjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    I heard almost the same regarding each iteration of new RxxxxGS. Yet those ugly suckers turned out to be among BMW's best sellers. So, if the function is right, ugly sells.
    Sometimes...function trumps form. But somehow the GS has a beauty in it's form all it's own.
    I think a sport bike generally looks good if there are not a lot of different colors. At least not for the sake of having a bunch of colors. Over the years BMW has come up with a few multi-colors. I never liked many of them...except maybe when they clearly had that kind of outrageous colorful European look about them. BMW's motorsport colors for example.
    R1200GS LC Rallye
    Jack Hawley MOA and RA #224, KE9UW ("Chuck")

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I'm with you Jack, that's one butt ugly bike. I don't like the belly pan and don't like the paint.

Butt Fugly is the correct term.......In my most humble opinion.
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

I got the flier in the mail last week and at first I thought it was a joke - you know, like the kind Areostich pulls on you, but then I realized it was for real.

Yuck.

What can I say? I bought an R1200ST; I actually pre-ordered it!

I think this F800R looks fine!

I guess that's the death knell for this model.
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

Darryl, it's not the bike.. it looks fine. It's the color scheme. It reminds me of Hershey's Chocolate Mint candy canes. That's not the first thing I want to think of when looking at a bike.

I guess I'm in the minority here.... I'd be proud to own the bike. I can only guess that anywhere it is ridden, it will be a conversation starter, whether you like it or not. But then, I used to enjoy driving a Chrysler flag van from the St. Louis van assembly plant when visiting vendors off-site. Never had any issues with the kangaroo cops in Taylorville Illinois stop me when driving up to Decatur to visit with the folks at Air Castor......The guys at the shop had painted the compete van with a flag, from hood to trunk. Definitely got people's attention when passing by.....

Speakin'a the contest ?

Wasn't it just a year or two ago that the contest gave away one of each model BMW makes ?? Or @ least several models ? Now the ticket prices are the same & only one chance to win , one model ??

Quite a step down...what the heck happened??
    Ron Prior {AMA member ,MOA member}
    Milford,Oh
    2002 KLT
    2004 Roadster

Different raffle. The big one is usually later, with the drawing held at the national rally.
    Larry
    2006 R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by lkraus View Post
    Different raffle. The big one is usually later, with the drawing held at the national rally.

OOOOPS !...my bad. I'll wait for that one...
    Ron Prior {AMA member ,MOA member}
    Milford,Oh
    2002 KLT
    2004 Roadster

Yeah, the big raffle is $100/ticket. These single bike raffles are $25.

P Monk

suggestion to Max BMW

I would buy tickets on the "NEW" R90S
    P. Monk
    74 R90/6 (the Black Hole), 2011 R1200RT.

I wouldn't buy a ticket for a bike I didn't like. That's just me.
    R Nine T/Triumph T-100

It's on the cover of the latest ON...just got my copy today. I don't particularly like the looks of the bike (and it has a CHAIN) but I bought a ticket. If I win it, I'll probably sell it and buy something else...another airhead or an R1150. Then again, it might look better in real life and I'll keep it. We'll see...
    2004 R1150RT
    BMW MOA 181289

Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher View Post
    I wouldn't buy a ticket for a bike I didn't like. That's just me.
    That's my thinking also. Selling a used bike (after you take delivery it is used, regardless of the mileage) is always a hassle I don't like, and the odds of my winning (I never win anything) are so low as to tilt the deal in favor of my not even buying the ticket in the first place. But I hope someone who really likes the bike wins the machine and they end up loving riding it.
    Royce
    On the coast of Kansas
    2012 F800ST