• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

96 k1100lt Heat Deflectors

leftturn

Is there somewhere on this site with instructions on how to install my rubber heat deflection pieces?

air dampers

I am pretty sure they are stock..I have 5. 2 are flat that I know where they go..then the other three are nuts..with one having a long tail that I believe goes on the port side..left and the other larger one on the right..the other one?? hmm??

Last edited by a moderator:
Are these the ones?:

B0000209.png

# Part Number Description lb Qty Each
01 13 72 2 309 349 SCREENING 0.16 1 $95.24
02 13 72 2 309 971 SCREENING 0.48 1 $63.16
03 13 72 2 309 963 SCREENING 0.12 1 $95.24
04 13 72 2 309 972 SCREENING 0.41 1 $63.16

If so,they are stock and, hopefully, someone with knowledge of these parts will chime in shortly.

(They don't use them on K75Ss, so I can't help you.)

:dance:dance:dance

stock

Yes..I have 2..3 and 4 It looks like 2 and 3 have grooves for the tank not sure if they go that far forward ..i will go look again..lots of little wire indents..mine dont run like that anymore I have mine tucked in the center of the frame..tied or taped..interesting..It would be nice to see a pic

ribs fit throttle bodies

ok now which throttle body would this left piece fit?

Last edited:
where in the manual

Are these the ones?:

View attachment 43765

# Part Number Description lb Qty Each
01 13 72 2 309 349 SCREENING 0.16 1 $95.24
02 13 72 2 309 971 SCREENING 0.48 1 $63.16
03 13 72 2 309 963 SCREENING 0.12 1 $95.24
04 13 72 2 309 972 SCREENING 0.41 1 $63.16

If so,they are stock and, hopefully, someone with knowledge of these parts will chime in shortly.

(They don't use them on K75Ss, so I can't help you.)

I have both the clymer and repair manauls..Is it in one of these? I sure havent found it yet

I have both the clymer and repair manauls..Is it in one of these? I sure havent found it yet

I figured it out and took pics..pretty cool really..I dont think these engineers ever saw another bike..They think their own way..some of these maneuvers make sense and more make sense later

Glad you were successful!

Post the pictures. It might help the next guy.

k1100lt heat shields

Glad you were successful!

Post the pictures. It might help the next guy.

Here are some pics of what I am doing. It's not done and I think I will cut leather if it truly works. After my test ride yesterday of 200 miles in 80 degree heat with engine always up to operating temps I got No heat on the right side and I had not cut the left side yet..Notice the port side how intricate it is to form around the rubber boots on the carbs..After correctly positioning the rubber and using the blanket idea I had heat rising from the open part of the port and starboard exposed engine. There is no circulation of air down there. The carpet stops the rise of heat. It works so far..

carps.jpgrubberpt.jpgrubberst.jpg

Back