• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Classic Bavarian Bagger

Picture 378.jpg
Picture 379.jpg
What I'll do is drop the part over to another friend. He has access to a different type of process that will give the piece a more even texture, which to me is a good look. I know people who paint or coat the engine to get the same color look. That looks good in a way, but I like all the different components to have a small slightly different texture or apperance and you lose that in a coating process. Anyway, ever so slowly making progress.

Stopped at the dealer and got the gaskets and seals ordered for reassembly. Unbelieveable, some progress.

Had a buddy check on getting some BMW accessory gauges tuned up. Proper white face for the project. Just got word that it will not be financially feaseable. Sad, will go with Plan B, which is VDO gauges. Clock and volt meter.

Spotlamp kit

Picture 462.jpg
Picture 463.jpg
Just received this mostly complete spotlamp kit. Some damage. I have a new never mounted kit in the box that will be mounted on the project bike. This kit will go on another bike. I think this spotlamp kit will add to the Bagger look I'm after and it will be a usefull addition and accessory to help see and be seen. Since I had my hands on this set I thought I'd post it. I think the new kit has the wiring schematic to help get this one mounted. You don't see too many of these at BMW rallies, they fit nicely on the bike in conjunction with the BMW windshield set.

If I'm home and if the hanger is open and if I get the opportunity to get over there; I'll get the old timing chain cover off the engine. Then install the new cover. Depends on all that Iff'n. Taken from Andy Griffith tv show.

Perod BMW beltbuckle

Picture 544.jpg
Picture 542.jpg
I want to wear this belt the day I take my maiden ride. I hope it happens in '16; I had high hopes for '15. It was on sale in BMW of Iowa City, I think. :scratch

10-4 on that. Yeah, I thought it was cool looking. Seen'em for years in the dealers, kinda pricey. when I isaw it on sale I pulled the trigger. May end up being a hang it on the wall display. Don't want no expensive paint scatchin on the tank. :wave

Back in the 60's I bought a horse, then a western style saddle, My cousin and I rode all over the county on our horse's. I never really bought or wore western style attire. Had a lotta fun back in them days. It was a much simpler time and place. My cousin wore all the western style gear and rode for many years. In his time he was one of the best western style riders and has the trophies to prove it.

Classic Bavarian Bagger/ 2003 Restart Again

Picture 251.jpg
Started the rebuild in 2003. Found this pic, close to when the I started the build. Roll around cart behind the lift is full of parts removed and parts to be added. Heads had been done and the new pistons and rings were probably in the cart. The final drive had been sent out for a spline rebuild. I had Rick's, Motorrad Electric latest charging system upgrade at that time. Not to long after this I bored and honed the cylinders out. I had pulled the engine and Leo Goff helped me assemble the top end. The bike was later dissembled and is waiting for the frame to be painted. So all in all, it will end up being a more thourough and better rebuild than was planed at that time. Now going with a period dual disc setup circa '74 R90S. Gotta get the timing chain cover removed and the new one installed. Much to do and I'm hoping that posting this pic will help get me motovated to start moving this project forward, Again. Looking at this pic, reminds me that I have a new center stand. If you have a keen eye, you will notice that the top cross bar is lower than the one on the stock center stand. I'm running a Breil oil cooler and the bar has to sectioned out, lowered and rewelded in. Then the centerstand will need to be repainted or powdercoated. OK, the center stand is up next. Even slight modications on a BMW require more mods downstream. RestoMod/RestorationModification. OK, gotta plan, now get moving.

Back