• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Nascar 2014

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
:burnout It's time for the Daytona 500 again and the "big" reminder that the 2014 NASCAR season has started. :burnout
As the technology keeps changing, it's interesting to see how they do it. For example, on the Camping World Truck Racin' side of things, the the track speed record was bested by 5 MPH if I understand it correctly. That's a rather large margin.
The full schedule can be found Here- for Sprint, Nationwide and Camping World Series
OM

Camping World Truck Racin'

Made me think of my dad's pride and joy going pedal to the metal on the high bank turns.........

Wolverine 67.jpg

However, Dad's racin truck was a blue 1965 F250 instead of a wussy red C20. Four speeds forward, on the floor, and the pure raw, surging power of a 300CID, Six.;)

Actually the Camping World part of the Camping World Truck Series has to do with the fact that the series is sponsored by Camping World. Camping World is, or has become, a nation-wide chain of RV sales and service centers- http://www.campingworld.com They have recently bought up a location in my area and with any luck, help to improve the RV experience here in my area. They have recently sorta absorbed the Good Sam Club, which doesn't seemed to have helped or harmed.
The thread for RV's here that had some interest is- http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?69427-Official-MOA-RV-thread
OM

Made me think of my dad's pride and joy going pedal to the metal on the high bank turns.........

View attachment 43686

However, Dad's racin truck was a blue 1965 F250 instead of a wussy red C20. Four speeds forward, on the floor, and the pure raw, surging power of a 300CID, Six.;)

I had something similar, but built on a 1966 Ford F-250, "352" four speed...it really was a lot of fun.

And speakin'a the 300 inline six?....damn fine engine!! wish they still made it.

I had something similar, but built on a 1966 Ford F-250, "352" four speed...it really was a lot of fun.

And speakin'a the 300 inline six?....damn fine engine!! wish they still made it.

It was a basic good engine. The MoPar slant six was similar in simplicity and durability.

Go Jr. :thumb Good to see him finally finish better than second!

The new track drying set-up was interesting.

I hope later on today I can find one of the channels doing a replay. With the 6hr delay I had other things going on.
OM

My trusty DVR is loaded up...I'll have to catch up later today. I hate knowing who won already, but now I can watch to see how Jr. gets himself into position.

The winner

I was happy for Dale Jr. winning. It was a good race, but going to bed at 12:30 and having to be up at 3:30 made for a rough Monday.

I usually DVR , as I do most sporting events,and am able to watch at my pace...glad I was home to reset after the long delayor I would have watched last years race again.
Funny how so many folks did not see the scrolling bar with delay info, the FOX gal breaking in regularly with the fact, or the top bar with 2013 displayed. JJ said he started getting tweets and calls with congrats...too funny!

I hope they tweak the spoiler height or something to help break that crazy pack up some...glad it wasn't the tandem runs of years past however.

A lot of the drivers said they enjoyed the night racing...maybe it will move to that time slot in the future as the twins were. I used to have to sneak away from work before I had a DVR/VCR when they were mid-day.

Back