Thread: Killed some bugs today

Killed some bugs today

I am heartily sick of snow, sleet, salt, icy roads and all the rest. It rained Thursday, been above freezing except a few hours overnight since then so the roads are mostly clear except for leftover sand & grit. Today was 60 and sunny so I took the GTL out and it felt SO good. Just a short ride (125 miles) but tomorrow is supposed to be nice too so if I start before midafternoon I can do better. Still a little leery of riding in the dark after my hit-and-run last fall but it'll come. I was surprised to find any bugs at all this early in the season.

Great to get out I'm sure! Spring can't come soon enough.
    R Nine T/Triumph T-100

No bugs on my ride today. Got up into the high 40's/low 50's and the snow and ice were off the main roads here in north central Ohio. My biggest concerns were potholes and grit on the pavement that was like little ball bearings.

Did a 140 miles to Mathias BMW and back on my K1200RS. There were other riders at the dealership. There were "sold" signs on 6 of the bikes on display...waiting for the new owners to come pick them up.

It felt great to start getting over cabin fever! Light snow forecast for tonight!
    George
    R1200RT. Previous K1200RS, K1200LT, R80RT, R100R, R75/5

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeK1200RS View Post
    Did a 140 miles to Mathias BMW and back on my K1200RS. There were other riders at the dealership. There were "sold" signs on 6 of the bikes on display...waiting for the new owners to come pick them up.
    I miss Gene, and Jamie there at Mathias. Best dealership in the USofA!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

na1g
    Bugs? Bugs??? Around here all the bugs are buried deep in ice and snow and are just as anxious to get out as I am. We'll probably meet sometime but it won't be soon. Bummer.

But heck, the Red Sox are playing their first ex game next week so that's a good sign.

pete

Spring is on the horizon

It'll be great when I don't have to wipe down the bikes after my rides due to all of the salt/beet juice/brine on the road! The temps are up and hoping for some rain to clean things off a bit. Almost ready to take the liner out of my pants and jacket today

Good riding is near ladies and gents!
    "It's not the speed of the ride that scares me....it's how quick I stop!"

02' Aprilia Futura "The Millennium Falcon"
    13' R 1200 GSA Triple Black

Quote Originally Posted by ncsonderman View Post
    It'll be great when I don't have to wipe down the bikes after my rides due to all of the salt/beet juice/brine on the road! The temps are up and hoping for some rain to clean things off a bit. Almost ready to take the liner out of my pants and jacket today

Good riding is near ladies and gents!
    Hey NC, I'm just south of you in sunny DeSoto, and I went for a nice mud/gravel ride out of Richwoods this morning..... A bit cold to start off at 6:30 (23 degrees) but warmed up nicely to 36 by 10:00 a.m. Even turned off the Gerbings by 11:00 on my way back in to take my bride out to lunch.....:-) A good day for riding and hopefully, you haven't jinxed us by taking out your liner from your pants and jacket. Could be a little premature for that, but I hope not.....

Swatted a silverfish in the basement today.

P Monk

got no bugs today

It was a beautiful day in Texas. Blue sky, temp in the high 60's.
    Airhead is up on the lift waiting for it's new rotor.
    Decided to install my new Conti Trail Attack 2 on the GS. However I managed to tear the sealing edge and it won't hold air.
    Stupid me, I should have had it installed for $20. Now waiting on another $130 tire so the bugs are safe for a few days.
    P. Monk
    74 R90/6 (the Black Hole), 2011 R1200RT.