• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Killed some bugs today

wbrownell9

I am heartily sick of snow, sleet, salt, icy roads and all the rest. It rained Thursday, been above freezing except a few hours overnight since then so the roads are mostly clear except for leftover sand & grit. Today was 60 and sunny so I took the GTL out and it felt SO good. Just a short ride (125 miles) but tomorrow is supposed to be nice too so if I start before midafternoon I can do better. Still a little leery of riding in the dark after my hit-and-run last fall but it'll come. I was surprised to find any bugs at all this early in the season.

No bugs on my ride today. Got up into the high 40's/low 50's and the snow and ice were off the main roads here in north central Ohio. My biggest concerns were potholes and grit on the pavement that was like little ball bearings.

Did a 140 miles to Mathias BMW and back on my K1200RS. There were other riders at the dealership. There were "sold" signs on 6 of the bikes on display...waiting for the new owners to come pick them up.

It felt great to start getting over cabin fever! Light snow forecast for tonight!

Did a 140 miles to Mathias BMW and back on my K1200RS. There were other riders at the dealership. There were "sold" signs on 6 of the bikes on display...waiting for the new owners to come pick them up.

I miss Gene, and Jamie there at Mathias. Best dealership in the USofA!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bugs? Bugs??? Around here all the bugs are buried deep in ice and snow and are just as anxious to get out as I am. We'll probably meet sometime but it won't be soon. Bummer.

But heck, the Red Sox are playing their first ex game next week so that's a good sign.

pete :dance

Spring is on the horizon

It'll be great when I don't have to wipe down the bikes after my rides due to all of the salt/beet juice/brine on the road! The temps are up and hoping for some rain to clean things off a bit. Almost ready to take the liner out of my pants and jacket today:thumb

Good riding is near ladies and gents!

It'll be great when I don't have to wipe down the bikes after my rides due to all of the salt/beet juice/brine on the road! The temps are up and hoping for some rain to clean things off a bit. Almost ready to take the liner out of my pants and jacket today:thumb

Good riding is near ladies and gents!

Hey NC, I'm just south of you in sunny DeSoto, and I went for a nice mud/gravel ride out of Richwoods this morning..... A bit cold to start off at 6:30 (23 degrees) but warmed up nicely to 36 by 10:00 a.m. Even turned off the Gerbings by 11:00 on my way back in to take my bride out to lunch.....:) A good day for riding and hopefully, you haven't jinxed us by taking out your liner from your pants and jacket. Could be a little premature for that, but I hope not.....

got no bugs today

It was a beautiful day in Texas. Blue sky, temp in the high 60's.
Airhead is up on the lift waiting for it's new rotor.
Decided to install my new Conti Trail Attack 2 on the GS. However I managed to tear the sealing edge and it won't hold air.
Stupid me, I should have had it installed for $20. Now waiting on another $130 tire so the bugs are safe for a few days.

Back