• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Coocase woes

jamesevans

Well, I ignored all the bad reports about Coocase and, seduced by a price of $143 US to my door in Canada (shipped from Sonic Moto in Italy, arrived in less than a week!!) I bought a S48 Astra case (the one with the remote and alarm) It looks good, went on my R1200RT without too much trouble, the wiring was straightforward and the lights and brake light work.

BUT the remote doesn't work and neither does the automatic locking or alarm. The battery in the remote is 12V (27A battery) but it was only showing 9.9, which may account for the remote. But why doesn't the automatic locking not work - I would have thought that was independent.

Any ideas, anyone?

Coocase fixed!

I put a new battery in the remote (the one supplied was down to 9.9V) and now everything works - lights, brake lights, remote locking, automatic locking after 15 seconds (a feature I thought was a good idea, as I tend to forget that sort of thing) and the alarm (which isn't exactly loud, but is annoying!). So all in all, not a bad buy so far.

Looks very Givi-like. Made in Italy as well for a much lower price.

Keep us posted on how this works out in the long run. Coocase never was a consideration when I was looking for a topcase. Not sure why, maybe I was too focused on Givi.

I purchased an Coocase Astra S48 in 2009 for my F650CS. I really liked the case and the additional brake lights. But like jamesevans, I too had a remote which did not work. I gave up on it, but everything else about the case was quite satisfactory. It's good to know that a fresh battery might have fixed it. Since then, I've switched to Shad for my topcases. Shad is very high quality, but the Coocase was a good bargain and well worth the money.

Back