• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What were they thinking??

I think I see a foot peg IN FRONT of the front cylinder.
If it's the same on the other side, the rider would look like a break dancer trying to ride it.

BTW, where does the rider place his right foot?

This is a cruiser...I suspect that they used forward controls. Notice the left forward foot control. I think I can see the silver rear brake hydraulic line snaking it's way under the right side of the engine towards the front. There is also some kind of cylinder under the right side of the bike near where the old footpeg was...I wonder what that is for...part of the brake system??

Jeez. I thought Orange County Chopper had gone out of business.

I heard that this was one of OCC's "Specials" made for some guy from the mountains of ??? . . . I don't want to offend any of you folks from West Virginny, but . . .!!!

Last edited:
Unusual front cover. I assume there's only a clutch and no gearbox.

If this BarlMW is rideable my respect. Nuts but heh - mission accomplished (whichever it was).

/Guenther

And then there's Daniel Simon who thinks he can design motorcycles.... apparently Lotus thinks so too,they've sold the rights to use their name to Kodewa and the Holzer Group using the name of Lotus Motorcycles. Prototyped with a 170hp stock KTM 1195 cc RC8 V-twin; pumped to 200 by Lotus....

LotusC01_xeditorial_DanielSimon_Press_Feb2014_37_revised.jpg

They're only going to build 100, so I don't see it as a real entry in the motorcycle "industry". We'll see.

If it looks vaguely familiar, it's because Daniel Simon was the conceptual designer of the "Tron" cycles, among other things. He was with Volkswagen for five years, and spent time with Bugatti.

DanielSimon_TronLegacy_LightCycle_header_960.jpg

"Bubble Ship" for the film "Oblivion"

tom-cruise-oblivion2.jpg

Back