• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rear Shock

ROYBARNES

Riding for the SON
I am ready to install a new shock on the rear of my 2009 F650gs. How do I access the top mounting bolt? Thanks for any information.

I am ready to install a new shock on the rear of my 2009 F650gs. How do I access the top mounting bolt? Thanks for any information.

I figured it out. The plastic piece that locks the seat down can be removed and gives access to the top mounting bolt. Six fasteners and four ty raps and lift off. New Yacugar shock installed.

I figured it out. The plastic piece that locks the seat down can be removed and gives access to the top mounting bolt. Six fasteners and four ty raps and lift off. New Yacugar shock installed.
Let us know how you like the new shock....! Which type of shock did you replace with...on-road or off?

Let us know how you like the new shock....! Which type of shock did you replace with...on-road or off?

Replaced with a remote preload adjuster. It is set up for mostly street use. 30 mile test run seamed to work fine over some speed bumps and light gravel. I am not a hard core off roader, and besides I am 74 years old.

Replaced with a remote preload adjuster. It is set up for mostly street use. 30 mile test run seamed to work fine over some speed bumps and light gravel. I am not a hard core off roader, and besides I am 74 years old.

I love to see the ages of MC riders . Gives me hope that I'll be able to ride for a bunch more years. When I retired a 72 year old honda rider who had just started riding at the age of 71 talked me into taking the mc safety course and field in love with riding. Now, my only fear is that I don't have a lot of years to experience all the fun that I've missed in the past. So everyday on the bike is special, whether just riding to Micky D's or going cross country to Salem.

I love to see the ages of MC riders . Gives me hope that I'll be able to ride for a bunch more years. When I retired a 72 year old honda rider who had just started riding at the age of 71 talked me into taking the mc safety course and field in love with riding. Now, my only fear is that I don't have a lot of years to experience all the fun that I've missed in the past. So everyday on the bike is special, whether just riding to Micky D's or going cross country to Salem.

Read and study David Hough's books on riding and practice, practice. Exercise and stretch those joints so you can keep getting on the bike. Ride safe and may God Bless.

Back