• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

I got Banned

Boy, you can sure tell it's Winter. Although the term "sock puppet" is kinda neat. Can we slip an oil thread into this?

Boy, you can sure tell it's Winter. Although the term "sock puppet" is kinda neat. Can we slip an oil thread into this?

YES! My mother use to use this in the winter months. In summer she'd switch to a 2W3 weight.

Attachments

• singer.jpg
    singer.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 257
I read this whole thread. Understood very little. In 2 yrs from now tech time, that will be like 30 Years old time I probably won't have a clue what anyone says in texts, email, on forums or in face to face real life!

Guess I'll just keep my earplugs in, helmet on, and keep riding.

Yeabut..you're from Canada..so you're really just now entering the nineties..right?? :whistle :isa :D :buds

:hide

I keed..I keed...

Can't wait for the summer so I can get up there...

How do the mods differentiate between bogus duplicate IDs and two legit people using the same computer.... I wonder?:scratch

I think there may be members here that have "sock puppets" just so they have someone to bicker with.:laugh
Like I said you can use the the IP address and various other information in the packets. Ever wonder how you get advertisements from local vendors on web sites? They read packet info.

A two week ban is NOTHING...you whiner

I'd like to sincerely apologize for my retort to to Rad..If someone besides Rad was offended..you're a touch too sensitive..

While I thought it clear, I started the thread just for laughs....this forum isn't the place to carry out those kinds of of exploits...as evidenced by some replies..

That being said, it's all in fun...a two week break from ADV is probably a good thing...especially if you spend much time in the basement..:D

Cheers all...

You complained about someone else being banned. Baldy instituted a new rule about that after he banned CMWoody:

If your best buddy is under the banhammer:
Don't start threads to "Free __________". Unless you want to join your buddy in Banned Camp.

The thread which started it all is here;

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310185

LoneRider has gone to Mexico with woody numerous times and his defense of Woody is pretty good. OldBMWMaster was OK as long as he was only defending Woody, but when he decided to expose Baldy, the PERMABAN was instituted.

It is a sign of our times that nowadays even forums have celebrities. ADV Rider more than most has characters who seem to carry great sway gained through nothing more than online glibness.

You complained about someone else being banned. Baldy instituted a new rule about that after he banned CMWoody:

Don't start threads to "Free __________". Unless you want to join your buddy in Banned Camp.

LoneRider has gone to Mexico with woody numerous times and his defense of Woody is pretty good. OldBMWMaster was OK as long as he was only defending Woody, but when he decided to expose Baldy, the PERMABAN was instituted.

I didn't start a thread asking to free anybody..the comment was.." BigMak got banned for this? C'mon.." on the thread he was banned because of...

That was it..

not whining either..two weeks is nothing..BigMak was tossed for a month..:thumb

It is a sign of our times that nowadays even forums have celebrities. ADV Rider more than most has characters who seem to carry great sway gained through nothing more than online glibness.

And post count..don't forget post count..

THE most active thread on the MOA forum, by FAR, is the Word Association thread. Look it up. It's always near the top of the New Posts list.

S i g h . . .

But that thread is 6 years old! Are you sure that's what we are talking about. I mean the OP comes on and says he got banned. Is the ban from 2008? :dunno

Back