• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

I got Banned

Trying to figure this paragraph out reminds me of this.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0izlnjoUYy8 Jump ahead to the 55 second mark.

LOLOLOL... Fat fingered on a phone..

I allegedly posted with a fake n00b...I allegedly criticized a mod with said n00b..that damn mod banned a buddy..all that was said, was, "BigMak got banned for this? C'mon.." (I'm assuming, since I have no recollection of any fake n00b's posting from my Mac..)

If I HAD built a fake n00b, the intention would have been to post bewbie pics for everyones enjoyment..

Love the transmission explanation..I've heard the guy just ad lib'd the whole thing..

My guess is-
Theoretically, vegasgsa was accused of-
creating a fake account (New Guy- n00b) to criticize one of the mods who had banned a buddy of his.....
If vegasgsa had done the fake n00b, he would have done it just for the reaction n00bs get when they post in Jo Mamma at ADV....
Apparently the State of the Union Address came on and the fake n00b's thread went astray due to lack of attention but came back with added zeal....
Things really went off the rails and BigMak got banned and pretty much the whole thing was blamed on the fake n00b, resulting in the ban.

This translation brought to you by the Ronco pocket interweb phonic translator. Ronco assumes no liability for accuracy due to interweb dialect, accents or customs. :D

Close..I would have intended to just post some bewbie pics..the State of the Union came up..so this n00b jumped in with both feet..ALLEGEDLY..

BigMak was banned by his own accord..this ALLEGED fake n00b, then criticized that decision...

That's all..that's as exciting as it got..

Criticizing a mod can and will result in a trip to banned camp..doing so thru a fake account..even worse..

He'll, I would ban him just for being an attention wh..., needing to post about being banned on one of the most tolerant motorcycle forums around.

I didn't NEED to..I thought it would be funny to gab about..I'm certainly not an attention whore..:laugh As you can tell by my several thousand posts here...no, wait, what? I stop by once in awhile..

You didn't have to post here..yet you did..what kind of whore are you, if not attention? You could have just walked away..

You want to ban me? Flag this post..Mods will see it..Though you know it doesn't warrant it..

Cheers..:drink

My understanding of a "fake noob" is a second account opened by someone who has been banned, or even by someone who may want to argue with himself or incognito with others.

My question is:
How does the site know you have 2 accounts?
If they do it by IP address, why couldn't you have a "fake noob" that resides at work or the library?

You could...

And that's how I would recommend doing it..:laugh

I think most guys do it to post REALLY out of bounds stuff..of course, that would mean different things there, than here.

Hmmm...starting to understand the banning.

Ha..just playin'....

For ADV...that isn't even an eyebrow raiser..in the basement any way..

LOLOL

All in good fun folks..all in good fun..at least I'm assuming that's why he called me a whore..

My question is:
How does the site know you have 2 accounts?
If they do it by IP address, why couldn't you have a "fake noob" that resides at work or the library?

You could...

And that's how I would recommend doing it..:laugh

I think most guys do it to post REALLY out of bounds stuff..of course, that would mean different things there, than here.

Cool.

Stand by for some Bewbies from vegasgsa1 guys! :D

For what?

I did a weeks ban on ADV this winter for mention I wanted a workshop manual download (that is perhaps copywrite material)- I see it though cause if they allow it they are culpable too. Mostly they ban people for personal attacks on ADV. If you wanna get banned go to "Modern Vespa" website where the owner's the banner-called "Jess the tyrant". He banned me for saying he was entirely wrong about an autobody type paint subject (of which he knows nothing) they say you can kiss & make up with him & get back in but I will see if I buy a scoot before I bother...

My guess is-
Theoretically, vegasgsa was accused of-
creating a fake account (New Guy- n00b) to criticize one of the mods who had banned a buddy of his.....
If vegasgsa had done the fake n00b, he would have done it just for the reaction n00bs get when they post in Jo Mamma at ADV....
Apparently the State of the Union Address came on and the fake n00b's thread went astray due to lack of attention but came back with added zeal....
Things really went off the rails and BigMak got banned and pretty much the whole thing was blamed on the fake n00b, resulting in the ban.

This translation brought to you by the Ronco pocket interweb phonic translator. Ronco assumes no liability for accuracy due to interweb dialect, accents or customs. :D

Oh, I thought it was about a fake b00b!:D

I'd like to sincerely apologize for my retort to to Rad..If someone besides Rad was offended..you're a touch too sensitive..

While I thought it clear, I started the thread just for laughs....this forum isn't the place to carry out those kinds of of exploits...as evidenced by some replies..

That being said, it's all in fun...a two week break from ADV is probably a good thing...especially if you spend much time in the basement..:D

Cheers all...

I read this whole thread. Understood very little. In 2 yrs from now tech time, that will be like 30 Years old time I probably won't have a clue what anyone says in texts, email, on forums or in face to face real life!

Guess I'll just keep my earplugs in, helmet on, and keep riding.

In forums that have some kind of trash bin section where anything goes, it is not unusual for a person to have multiple user names. Over at STN for a long time they called them sock puppets. I'm pretty sure that is a more wide spread term than just on STN. The admins "should" be able to detect them by looking at the ip address, mac address or other packet information to see if it is a duplicate. Normally, just creating more than one username is not a banning offense, but a lot depends on the rules of the forum or whether or not the site owner has a few screws loose. If you have ever spent some time on the FJRForum you will absolutely know what I'm talking about.

How do the mods differentiate between bogus duplicate IDs and two legit people using the same computer.... I wonder?:scratch

I think there may be members here that have "sock puppets" just so they have someone to bicker with.:laugh

How do the mods differentiate between bogus duplicate IDs and two legit people using the same computer.... I wonder?:scratch

I think there may be members here that have "sock puppets" just so they have someone to bicker with.:laugh

We use a Langstrom 17" Ganglee Wrench to adjust the Framus Filter :D

Back