• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW demo truck not going to Americade?

sedanman

neanderssance man
Checking the Americde website and BMW is not listed as a provider of demo rides...........who do we need to talk to to get this resolved?

Checking the Americde website and BMW is not listed as a provider of demo rides...........who do we need to talk to to get this resolved?

Haven't been since 09, but it seemed to me to be coming an HD / Cruiser / Trike event?

Perhaps they do not see enough 'market' there ?? I seem to notice a similar change in the IMS shows as well. Seems like the style popularity cycles every so many years??? Just an observance ...could be all wrong?

I havent been to Americade for over almost 10 years for that very reason, too many cruisers, not enough LD touring riders. Got tiring explaining my choice of riding gear to folks who looked like they fell out of an HD catalog. Beautiful area though, riding is great, lots to see.

I've gone on and off almost since the beginning. This would be the FIRST time that I know of without BMW. The event is what you make it. My fiance and I had a great time last year (her first trip). The demo rides allowed me to prove to her that she could easily handle a much larger bike than she was riding at the time. I got he out on a GoldWing after showing her how many 70 year old frail looking men were riding them. After that she rode almost half of the BMW's there and fell in love with the K1600GT and the R1200GSW. Last fall she bought herself a 2014 R1200GSW.

Disclaimer: I in now way mean to imply that all 70 year old men are or look frail. lol

A few years ago, when there was an Olympics, and when BMW was spending a ton or two of money as an Olympics corporate sponsor - back then - BMW cut way back on other forms of promotional spending that year. They didn't show up a lot of places because they spent so much on the Olympics.

While I might be wrong I strongly suspect that is what is happening, again, in 2014.

For those who really want to test ride something, try a local dealer. Or, BMW will likely have the fleet in St. Paul.

Went to the "Americade" last year. MPO- I think unless they do something DRASTIC, attendance will continue to decline.

I got a reply.

"Dear Paul,

Thank you for contacting BMW Motorrad USA.

At this time, the next scheduled appearance by the demo truck will be at the BMW Motorcycles Owners of America Rally in July in Minnesota. We apologize for any disappointment this causes.

The BMW Motorrad Customer Relations and Services Department is available Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., ET. You can reach us at 1-800-831-1117.

Regards,

Rachael Schultz
BMW Motorrad USA"

Back