• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

SoCal MotoBrick Rides

owrstrich

SoCal MotoBrick Rides ~ 14-03-08 CA 74 S22 Sweeper Madness Wilson Sage Lilac Santa Ro

greetings bmwmoa motobrickers aka k75 k100 k1 k1100 riders...

we are gonna be in socal till mid april... if you socal motobrickers wanna getts a crew together to roll out scenic socal and flirt with cartwheeling off socals most dangerous roads... you can check here for the details...

our next ride is gonna be saturday february 15th... i will be posting up the details here soon...

more later...

j o

Last edited:
greetings bmwmoa motobrickers aka k75 k100 k1 k1100 riders...

we are gonna be in socal till mid april... if you socal motobrickers wanna getts a crew together to roll out scenic socal and flirt with cartwheeling off socals most dangerous roads... you can check here for the details...

our next ride is gonna be saturday february 15th... i will be posting up the details here soon...

more later...

j o

Thanks for leading a great ride in the Midwest last year. Johnny is a great lead. And he's onmiferous.
UJ

14-02-15 Santa Rosa Plateau and Beyond

greetings motobrickers...

meet spot "a" towneplace suites hotel ksu 6:30am... no gas food... yes mfp...
meet spot "b" corner of antonio parkway and the ortega highway ksu 7:00am... no gas food mfp...
meet spot "c" chevron station ksu 8:00am... yes gas food modern flush pizzer...

gonna slabb the 5 down to the ortega and roll over the hill to elsinore... gonna roll out the santa rosa plateau on a donkey run... then avocado alley to tmec... down rice canyon and couser canyon... up to hideout for pulled pork sandwiches... meza grande... sage road donkey run... roll home over the ortega...

the proposed route...

are you in... part or all... post up here...

this ride is open to all motobrickers... except if you...

1) wear fingerless gloves...
2) wear assless chaps...
3) wear sleeveless vests...
4) watch yourself ride in your mirrors...
5) ride under the posted speed limit...
6) think loud pipes are more than loud...
7) would rather wear a handkerchief instead of a helmet...
8) have a heal toe shifter...
9) have knee fairings...
10) have a car tior on your moto...
11) do not have front brakes...
12) are not stage kit 1.75 or higher...
13) are a street racer...
14) are a canyon crasher...
15) dont have your affairs in order...

click here for the official ride link...

more later...

j o

14-02-22 The Long Way To The Elusive Moe's Driveway?

have you heard of rossis driveway... this id moes driveway? from february 16th 2014...

greetings motobrickers...

meet spot "a" towneplace hotel ksu 8:00am... no gas ~ no food ~ yes mfp...
meet spot "b" 7-11 on lexicon at osborne ksu approx 9:00am... no gas ~ yes food ~ no mfp...
meet spot "d" chevron station ksu approx 9:45am... yes gas ~ yes food ~ yes modern flush pizzer...

lunch at the magnificent canyon city bbq...

click here for the official ride link...

the proposed route...

this ride is open to all motobrickers... are you in... part or all... post up here...

j o

14-03-01 Mountain Center Santa Rosa Plateau

greetings lmo1131...

pizmoid beach i see... what say you... jockos in nippermono or the hitching post in camsmeralia...

greetings...

gonna roll out the 5 donk 1 pony loop... slabb it out to the ca 74... up the hill and donate some carrots to buster and lilly... the blm rescue donkey and pony... down the 243 and back up the hill cause the 243 uphill is 2 times the yeeehaaaa... down the 371 to wilson valley to sage road to donate some carrots to the donkeys borris and natasha... roll out avacado alley to the sants rosa plateau to donate some carrots to the donkeys rosa amd maria... bust out the ortega and santiago canyon...

meet spot "a" towneplace ksu 7am...
meet spot "b" chevron ksu 8:30am...

lunch at the idllywild goodtimes grill...

this ride is open to all motobrickers... are you in... part or all... post up here...

j o
___

14-03-01 photographic ride report... 100% wet and yeeeeehaaaaa... click here...

rolled out to mountain center... slabbed the 60 in torrential rain... eased up at hemet... window over mountain center... picked back up and was steady temec... mud flows and water crossings today... socal needs the water butts made for a stressful ride at times...

the 74 was clean the last passing zone... caltrans and the popo were there... they were laying down the anti icing chem and cinders... slowed it down and saw ice crystals beside the road butts not black ice...

buster n lilly...

001_zps20904d5e.jpg

002_zps14d91860.jpg

004_zpsdd0bbbd0.jpg

005_zpsce379ef9.jpg

006_zps5f470655.jpg

007_zps41387480.jpg

it was dry at this point and im thinking mid 30s... decided to skip idllywild and the 243 cause of the possibility of black ice... not many photos today because i didnt wanna lose another digicam to rain... the 74...

008_zps5a702a98.jpg

010_zps3e6730ca.jpg

011_zps02a90508.jpg

it started to spit snow as i rolled down the hill... went to full on rain as i headed for boris n natasha... i rode by because they were no where to be seen... i looped back for a second look... no nose rubb for boris n natasha...

rolled it into temec for a burg... local ground beef delivered daily... scored the monster... it defeated me... i could only grubb half... next time i would go with a single chee...

012_zps5e17733e.jpg

013_zps1597450b.jpg

014_zpse268139e.jpg

015_zpsefdd357d.jpg

rolled avacado alley... full on downpour... 100' visibility... water crossings and mudd flows...

donkey alley donks... these are some smart donks... they would not come out from under the cover of their tree for nutting... heeeeee n haaaaaing wouldnt do it... carrots in hand wouldnt do it... fake out leaving with carrots wouldnt do it...

016_zps8e404638.jpg

017_zps31a0f347.jpg

018_zpsfa85ca9c.jpg

ortega pizz stop...

019_zps519faed6.jpg

may repeat this ride next week... it will be dry and clean and my passenger photog will be back...

thats all...

j o

14-03-08 CA 74 S22 Sweeper Madness Wilson Sage Lilac Santa Rosa Plateau

greetings...

gonna slabb it out to the ca 74... up the hill and donate some carrots to buster and lilly... the blm rescue donkey and pony... take ca 74 to palm desert to grill a burger... blast the 86a to borrego... up sweeper madness to the 371 to wilson valley to sage road to donate some carrots to the donkeys borris and natasha... roll out lilac to west lilac to avacado alley to the sants rosa plateau to donate some carrots to the donkeys rosa and maria... bust out the ortega and santiago canyon...

meet spot "a" towneplace ksu 7am...
meet spot "c" chevron ksu 9am...

early lunch at grill a burger in palm desert...

official ride link...

i know its short notice... this ride is open to all motobrickers... are you in... part or all... post up here...

j o

Back