• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Placement of 2nd Accessory Power Port?

bmws4ken

Planning on adding a 2nd power source to front of bike which is a 2006 RT. This will be run to a switched fuse block. Looking for advice on good place to put second outlet. Current one I think is in stock location on left side. Looks like 2nd one may fit well just up from that one on flat area of fairing. Pros/cons?

Three rules:
1. Convenient spot you can reach.
2. Location which you can drill for flush mount or bolts.
3. Nothing behind it - leaving room for socket and wires, etc.

Otherwise - where you want it.

When Old Smokey had about 250,000 miles I put one in one of the sidecovers. After I drilled the hole I told Voni that I had ruined the stock appearance.

The powerlet low outlet makes a good choice because the kit comes pre-wired with a disconnect. That way you can pull the disconnect to remove the panel its in.
Sometimes folks forget to plan ahead for normal service when wiring accessories- which end up inteferring with service.

two outlets

The powerlet low outlet makes a good choice because the kit comes pre-wired with a disconnect. That way you can pull the disconnect to remove the panel its in.
Sometimes folks forget to plan ahead for normal service when wiring accessories- which end up inteferring with service.

I put a switched outlet on the rightside of the front fairing that runs strait to the aux fusebox. This one will be shut off when the ignition switch is turned off. The other one I put the opposite side of the existing one on the rear. This one is on all of the time and also wired to an aux fusebox.

The aux fuse box is connected direct to the battery. I can add farkles without worring about disturbing the CANABUS.

Bernie

Back