• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Each time I return to a thread, all messages show

xlarry

Larry
If I read a thread, then come back to the forums all the messages show not just the new messages posted to that thread. Is there a way only to see the new posts that I haven't seen?

Larry -

The way I can usually jump to the latest unread post in a thread that I previous read all posts, is to click on the small blue circle with the down arrows in it just to the left of the thread title. Another way to jump to the very last thread is to click on the small blue box to the right time/date stamp on the right side of the thread box.

The first method typically takes you to the next new post that you haven't read. It doesn't work 100% right all the time, but enough that it helps a lot.

Let us know if that helps with your situation...we can look deeper if needed.

Larry -

The first method typically takes you to the next new post that you haven't read. It doesn't work 100% right all the time, but enough that it helps a lot.

I see that on older threads but if I look at Today's Posts it doesn't show.

The second method just takes you to the last post in the thread; then you would just have to go back until you found something you already read.

Last edited:
Try Forum Actions at the top of the page, then mark forums read. I think that will do what you want.......I think it sets a "cookie" which lets the computer know where it has been. As Kurt said, let us know how it goes.
Gary

I click "quick links" then "today's posts" and get a list of all today's posts. The ones with new posts since I've read have the blue circle with arrows. The rest are below a line that says something about the threads below haven't been updated since my last visit or something. The blue circle with arrows always takes me to the first new post I haven't yet read.

Larry -

I wish I could upload some pictures, but I seem to have problems doing that right now. But LDB has a good idea...I have never used that. I usually go over the New Posts in the upper left and work from there.

Larry -

The way I can usually jump to the latest unread post in a thread that I previous read all posts, is to click on the small blue circle with the down arrows in it just to the left of the thread title.

This seems to work! Thanks.

I like the way forums work over on Delphiforums.com A much easier format!

Back