• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Large Avalanche in Keystone Canyon, AK - Flyover

akbeemer

SURVIVOR
Many of us have ridden through Thompson Pass and Keystone Canyon on our way to Valdez on the southern coast of Alaska. Valdez is noted as being in an area of Alaska that gets a tremendous amount of snow each year. Three-four days ago there was a huge snow avalanche in Keystone Canyon. In addition to blocking the highway, it blocked the Lowe River causing a build up of water, ice and snow cutting the only road into Valdez. ADOT says they hope to have the road open in a week; I do not see how that's going to happen.

Here's a video taken during a flyover of the area.....

Could be a bit exciting when that water bursts through too. Looks like a couple cubic feet worth backed up there. :eek

I was gonna say, when that pops boy get out of the way.
Nature letting us know who really owns this place.

WOW, i know that pass quite well. thats major, wont be open fer atliest 6 months. the bush pilots are gona be busy.

Back