• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Camping at Rally

dogbros

First time rally newbie here, planning to tent camp. Can we camp at the fairgrounds or do we need to look elsewhere? If off site, anyone have recommendations on where to go?

There will be several thousand folks attending the rally. I don't know what the official estimate for attendance is but would guess around 6,000 people. Maybe more. Based on recent rallies about half of the attendees wil tent camp on the fairgrounds site. The other half will stay in motels, stay with friends or relatives, or camp somewhere off the rally grounds or in an RV.

In simple terms you will arrive at the fairgrounds and locate registration. There will be folks directing traffic and signs for registration. Most of them will be smiling. After you go to registration and complete registration you are free to find a spot (not marked as no camping or for some other activity) and set up your tent.

There is no cost for tent camping on the rally grounds other than the rally fee.

Be sure to find one that offers plenty of shade.

I finally gave up on the shade thing, and now just carry a big Noah's Tarp to shade my tent.

But camping is one of the best ways to meet new friends. Almost as good as volunteering!

I can't seem to find any info on the cost of the rally or camping info on this site. Any help would be appreciated!

FAQs should be posted soon. One-line rally registration will begin March 1. Pre-reg form will be in the March issue of Owners' News

But camping is one of the best ways to meet new friends. Almost as good as volunteering!

+1!!!

At my very first International Rally I camped next to this one guy who complimented my bike and asked a few questions about it, as he was thinking of getting the same model. He wound up not buying one (although a friend of his eventually bought mine), but nine years later we still keep in touch. :)

It's kind of like a big sleepover in your buddy's backyard, except that the backyard will be HUGE with plenty of space for literally thousands of tents. So, yes, tent camping all over the fairgrounds, they're huge with lots of nice spaces for tents. I live about 10 miles from the site, but I'm thinking I may pitch a tent and stay there anyway. :dance

There are many more trees on the site than normal, but should you want to volunteer for early setup duties to make sure you snag the shade, just give me a shout! See sig line. :whistle

Back