Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Dynabeads

Quote Originally Posted by weschmann View Post
    Yes, I got a bargain. I bought it from a guy that knew a guy, that was selling it from the back of a Honda Valkyrie, after posting on Craigslist for a friends fathers brother.... And the guy that sold it to me said it was 100% guaranteed to be effective. It must be true too, since I read it on the internet! Come to think of it, he had some green tinted fudge brownies in his top case too.... Maybe we should all meet out in Colorado. This thread is definitely taking a delicious, relaxing new twist
    Did you get the guardian angel bell as well? I'm pretty sure they were OEM on the Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeckS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 88bmwjeff View Post
    So what type of oil should I use with my Dynabeads?

Turn signal fluid, you silly boy! Even recycled turn signal fluid can be utilized...
    Only if it is fully synthetic. Otherwise they stick together and won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud View Post
    Did you get the guardian angel bell as well? I'm pretty sure they were OEM on the Honda.
    Oh Poop! I've been taken again. No one said anything about a guardian angle bell, I guess I'll have to purchase a "How to make sure a angle bell is included in MC purchases for Dummies" book to make sure that I don't miss out on another deal in the future. I guess I just take too much at face value and don't read the fine print..... oh wait, it looks like I missed my last eye exam, that could be the problem....

Bad Boy

Quote Originally Posted by weschmann View Post
    Oh Poop! I've been taken again. No one said anything about a guardian angle bell, I guess I'll have to purchase a "How to make sure a angle bell is included in MC purchases for Dummies" book to make sure that I don't miss out on another deal in the future. I guess I just take too much at face value and don't read the fine print..... oh wait, it looks like I missed my last eye exam, that could be the problem....
    There you go Walter, Picking on GoldWing riders again. Oops! It was Bud making fun of GoldWingers.

I hate to admit it but I have a couple of the bells on my bike. A friend & wife got them for me after the deer strike a few years ago. They were going to send me a old school house bell for they figured I needed one that size but didn't think I could mount it on the Beemer very well.

Now where I mount the deer whistles on the new bike?????????????????
    Jack Watson
    BMWMOA #125089
    2014 K1600GTL
    2013 C650GT

Quote Originally Posted by jacko View Post
    There you go Walter, Picking on GoldWing riders again. Oops! It was Bud making fun of GoldWingers.

I hate to admit it but I have a couple of the bells on my bike. A friend & wife got them for me after the deer strike a few years ago. They were going to send me a old school house bell for they figured I needed one that size but didn't think I could mount it on the Beemer very well.

Jack,

Shouldn't they have first gotten you the deer whistles so you wouldn't need the bells?

How are the bells working out for you? No more deer strikes??? ''

My ridding buddy sold his RT, bought a GW Trike then sold it to buy a 2014 Road King. He will be riding to CO with me this summer. Or should I say he will be riding behind me on the way to CO this summer since he doesn't have deer whistles on his bike?

Talk about the "odd couple".

I heard that Dynabeds are recycled New Orleans Madri Gras beads. Can anyone confirm or deny that rumor?

On a related rumor, it was said that drunken Mardi Gras participants wobbled less when wearing beads than those who were not.
    Well we got us a guy thats heard of party beads but obviously never seen them? They are bigger,much bigger & shiny & purty & cheap-so maybe from China?

To keep this from dying an early death(like it should!) In another "beadfest thread" I mentioned the fact that there is an ebay seller with auction/ads for the ceramic beads. What I found more interesting was the same guy had another auction/ad running with tiny steel beads being sold for same purpose as the ceramic beads and stated to work better than the ceramic ones!!!

Feast on that if your a physics teacher, Mr Rogers,JR or otherwise full of scientific prowess or desire...

Moderator: this deer whistle stuff is off topic and disrespectful to the OP!
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

Quote Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
    Well we got us a guy thats heard of party beads but obviously never seen them? They are bigger,much bigger & shiny & purty & cheap-so maybe from China?

Moderator: this deer whistle stuff is off topic and disrespectful to the OP!
    I think we are way past what is respectful or disrespectful, legitimate, or illegitimate in this discussion... since the original OP had voiced his position as being an illegitimate topic all the way around.... so, I'm just enjoying the banter for what it's worth, as it never was intended to be a serious discussion on the use of beads as an alternative to lead weights....

Quote Originally Posted by jacko View Post

With all this discussion about ride Angels, I just realized I left my old guardian Angel on my K-bike when I traded it in this last December.... Now, without being able to mount my deer whistles for fear of being made fun of, and without the presence of my Angel to ward off road snakes, I guess I'll just have to leave the bike in the garage for fear of riding through some worm hole without protection.... Hmm, what to do
    Guess I'm going to have to stop at the closest Harley shop that has all the voodoo trinkets to get back to some semblance of a proper biker.....
    Drinking the Cool-Aid////

Don't you guys have honey-do lists, or need to work on your bikes, or maybe even watch Oprah?
    Mike Marr
    1978 Yamaha XS750 (Needs rings), 1996 BMW R1100RS, 2004 Honda CRF230F

Quote Originally Posted by motorradmike View Post
    Don't you guys have honey-do lists, or need to work on your bikes, or maybe even watch Oprah?
    by the time I grow old and decrepit I want to have just as many posts as Bud does, even if most of them.....(obviously referring to my own perspective here) don't make any sense......

Quote Originally Posted by motorradmike View Post
    Seems like you have time to read them.

It's too cold to ride, I'm in charge of my own to do list, and TV is a vast wasteland. What better way to spend some time than kidding each other??????

To the poster whose beads got sticky after a couple uses.
    You can "de-sticky" (degrease, actually) many things by simply shaking them up in a bit of methylene chloride or MEK and letting them dry- try big box stores for the chemicals. Of course, that is not recommended and may not work for everything you own that might get sticky, especially from an aqueous or biological cause...

So to re-cap how to successfully use beads
    1) Make sure you put in a special valve stem
    2) Inspect inside tire to be sure no lube gets in the tire to clump the beads
    3) Don't use on bikes susceptible to wobbles (eg lots of Honda models like old 'wings or the ST1300)
    4) Don't check tire pressures except in certain wheel positions
    5) Don't take your bike to the track or any other place where rapid direction changes are likely
    etc
    etc
    Seems the picture is pretty clear by now.

The benefits over a tire balanced by traditional methods are??? Maybe avoiding re-balancing on an old tire that's nearly ready for the trash anyway?

Wonder what the correlation is between bead users and those who think oil additives really solve engine problems?? Or that slip on exhausts or ripping off a cat really make more useful power??

To those who believe modern tires are properly balanced as made- try actually measuring a few- you may be surprised. Recent Michelin PR-3s I have had have been 2 full oz out of balance (somewhat to my surprise based on Michelin's trade rep for making well balanced tires) which is about the max any sane tire monkey should consider adding to a motorcycle wheel. (This is on a wheel that is shown in balance- measured after the tire has been mounted and balanced and confirmed by demounting/remounting the tire and checking again). I always balance tires (static, the usual tools and methods) - but admit I may be more sensitive to tire behavior than many- based on a lot of time fine tuning chassis and tire behavior on cages for track use. I get rid of tires when handling gets degraded enough- not one to try to wring out that last K miles until the cords pop out. (I just like my riding to be as hassle free as possible so set up ahead rather than deal with unplanned issues on the road)

Oprah is going to need more interesting guests than Lindsay Lohan to make me a watcher. Hollywood druggies are as ordinary as weeds..(today's honey-do is drilling logs to grow shiitakes- its 40ish and raining so not a great day to ride)

Jack,

Shouldn't they have first gotten you the deer whistles so you wouldn't need the bells?

How are the bells working out for you? No more deer strikes??? ''

My ridding buddy sold his RT, bought a GW Trike then sold it to buy a 2014 Road King. He will be riding to CO with me this summer. Or should I say he will be riding behind me on the way to CO this summer since he doesn't have deer whistles on his bike?

Talk about the "odd couple".
    Hey, for your sanity and hearing health I would for positive make sure that HD was a mile or two behind me on the way to CO. The racket and exhaust fumes from those two wheeled tanks are enough make you bats.

Yup, more Hogley Ferguson bashing, ohhhh wellll And hey...maybe I'm only joking??

Lubricant for your dyna beads..how cool would that be?
    Jammess

'93 R1100RSL, '10 FJR1300A
    MOA # 50714

Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    They promise "dramatically" improved tire life but I'm skeptical.
    Who is "they" and ask them to define "dramatically". In my books, "dramatically" means quite a substantial increase, like at least 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    For the past many years, using a standard balancing system with stick-on weights, I've had no issue with tire balance or uneven wear on any of my bikes.
    Same here and to top it off I can confirm my tires being extremely well balanced. I built my own wheel balancer that resolves far more than it needs to.

How do you do that on a Dynabead equipped wheel. They say you cannot put it on a powered balancer.

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by GlobalRider View Post
    Who is "they" and ask them to define "dramatically". In my books, "dramatically" means quite a substantial increase, like at least 50%.
    "They" are the Dynabead people and "dramatically" is the word they use in their promotional material.