• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Dynabeads

That's common on tires I take off, with or without beads. I think it's from moisture left in the tire from installation lubricant.

Yep, that's how they look when they come out & they still look that way when I re-install them.

more than you want to know below...:type

FWIW, green, uncured tires are sprayed with a slurry of silicones,soapstone(a favorite goop around tire plants to keep the stuff from sticking to everything else- esp. processing machines) then dry on the racks as "green tires/barrel shaped cylinders" prior to curing where that slurry keeps them from sticking to the inflatable bladder in the center of the lower curing mold. Rub your finger inside a new tire & plenty still on there to coat some of your beads. Seems some remain white, some don't?

simpler e.g. : the mfg. sprays release crap inside green tires then "Anton's moisture" liberates some of it:laugh

yeh, it's still snowing

Will the beads block deer whistles and make them ineffective? :D

Its about time someone came up with a legitimate question.

Answer: Only if you neglect the required periodic maintenance (40 deer or 40,000 whistles) recommended by the deer whistle people. I believe there is a bead cleaning kit available. Check the Flea Market. :laugh

Answer: Only if you neglect the required periodic maintenance (40 deer or 40,000 whistles) recommended by the deer whistle people. I believe there is a bead cleaning kit available. Check the Flea Market. :laugh

Apparently, your not a fan of questions concerning innovative products. Some are, some not, but to characterize the original posters question as illegitimate stifles new member or even old member inquiries about specifics on items that may not be mainstream..... If everyone still used wheels and tires of old, they would be made of wood with an iron rim...... Hmm, I wonder how many miles they got on a set of woodies.....?:whistle

We all have wintertime issues and often poke fun at oil,tire,modulators, model choices, and other common used items in yearly threads such as this...it's typically witty sarcasm ya know:whistle

So that's my problem, I didn't know that deer whistles need periodic maintenance. :thumb

Will the beads block deer whistles and make them ineffective? :D

Apparently, your not a fan of questions concerning innovative products. Some are, some not, but to characterize the original posters question as illegitimate stifles new member or even old member inquiries about specifics on items that may not be mainstream..... If everyone still used wheels and tires of old, they would be made of wood with an iron rim...... Hmm, I wonder how many miles they got on a set of woodies.....?:whistle

I'm confused. BC1100S is the OP, so he could hardly be criticized for his response to my silliness. :whistle

It's all good nature'd fun. :laugh

Apparently, your not a fan of questions concerning innovative products. Some are, some not, but to characterize the original posters question as illegitimate stifles new member or even old member inquiries about specifics on items that may not be mainstream.....

You're kidding, right? Compared to most here, I'm the new member. Bud saw the humour in my post as I did in his. I even attached the ":laugh" to ensure everyone knew I was kidding. But, to carry on with what Bud has subsequently posted, I'm pretty pissed off with myself for not taking my original question seriously.

Further, I can only assume that you have shares in a deer whistle company and are deathly afraid that the mid-winter musings of semi-bored bulletin board posters will negatively affect the usual March surge in deer whistle sales. If that happens, I sincerely apologize. But I don't think you have anything to worry about.

And to reiterate....... :laugh

Factoid: Our resident deer herd is not at our "window pond" to drink.Wife say's, only yesterday, "where are the deer"? As it's single digits and we usually see them each evening-maybe the whistles don't work?:brow

Lets see, we've had beads working, not working, working on road, working off road, well maybe, clean beads dirty beads, certainly magical beads! Whats left?:cry perhaps the end of another "bead thread"?:cry

Factoid: Our resident deer herd is not at our "window pond" to drink.Wife say's, only yesterday, "where are the deer"? As it's single digits and we usually see them each evening-maybe the whistles don't work?:brow

Lets see, we've had beads working, not working, working on road, working off road, well maybe, clean beads dirty beads, certainly magical beads! Whats left?:cry perhaps the end of another "bead thread"?:cry

I heard that Dynabeds are recycled New Orleans Madri Gras beads. Can anyone confirm or deny that rumor? :dunno

On a related rumor, it was said that drunken Mardi Gras participants wobbled less when wearing beads than those who were not. :whistle

I heard that Dynabeds are recycled New Orleans Madri Gras beads. Can anyone confirm or deny that rumor? :dunno

On a related rumor, it was said that drunken Mardi Gras participants wobbled less when wearing beads than those who were not. :whistle

Only the purple ones work, the yellow and green ones provide little balance.:jester

Nice summation. I'm going with the magical beans. They always seemed to work in my mis-spent youth. :D

What's that? Oops! You said magical BEADS. Sorry....

You're kidding, right? Compared to most here, I'm the new member. Bud saw the humour in my post as I did in his. I even attached the ":laugh" to ensure everyone knew I was kidding. But, to carry on with what Bud has subsequently posted, I'm pretty pissed off with myself for not taking my original question seriously.

Further, I can only assume that you have shares in a deer whistle company and are deathly afraid that the mid-winter musings of semi-bored bulletin board posters will negatively affect the usual March surge in deer whistle sales. If that happens, I sincerely apologize. But I don't think you have anything to worry about.

And to reiterate....... :laugh

Sorry to say, I don't have any skin in the deer whistle industry.... but I do think you and Bud should plan a trip to Colorado and stop at the first establishment that serves green fudge brownie's, so you can mellow out a little....Guess I'll have to look for one of those "Understanding BMW humor for dummies" text books so I can discern the difference between funny (ha-ha) and funny (sarcastic) smiley faces.....My error for thinking the latter was the true intent of the writer, since his original post asked for real experience with the beads, as opposed to just opinion.... Had I known it was just a troll question to later be labeled illegitimate, I would have just skipped over the thread all together....
Oh well, I'll be in Colorado in another month myself, and should probably take my own advice at the beginning of this comment.....
:wave...BTW,FWIW, that's a funny (ha-ha) and not meant to be :thumb funny (sarcastic). To make amends to Bud and BC, look me up at the St. Paul rally, and I'll buy you guys a couple of beers and then show you my new ultrasonic, low decibel, highly chromed out deer whistle.....:blah

You've GOT one of those? :bow

:laugh

Yes, I got a bargain. I bought it from a guy that knew a guy, that was selling it from the back of a Honda Valkyrie, after posting on Craigslist for a friends fathers brother.... And the guy that sold it to me said it was 100% guaranteed to be effective. It must be true too, since I read it on the internet! Come to think of it, he had some green tinted fudge brownies in his top case too.... Maybe we should all meet out in Colorado. This thread is definitely taking a delicious, relaxing new twist:clap

Sorry to say, I don't have any skin in the deer whistle industry.... but I do think you and Bud should plan a trip to Colorado and stop at the first establishment that serves green fudge brownie's, so you can mellow out a little....Guess I'll have to look for one of those "Understanding BMW humor for dummies" text books so I can discern the difference between funny (ha-ha) and funny (sarcastic) smiley faces.....My error for thinking the latter was the true intent of the writer, since his original post asked for real experience with the beads, as opposed to just opinion.... Had I known it was just a troll question to later be labeled illegitimate, I would have just skipped over the thread all together....
Oh well, I'll be in Colorado in another month myself, and should probably take my own advice at the beginning of this comment.....
:wave...BTW,FWIW, that's a funny (ha-ha) and not meant to be :thumb funny (sarcastic). To make amends to Bud and BC, look me up at the St. Paul rally, and I'll buy you guys a couple of beers and then show you my new ultrasonic, low decibel, highly chromed out deer whistle.....:blah

Oh man, I won't be in St. Paul, but..................................

I will be riding in Colorado for 15 days including the Colorado Beemers 100K Foot ride on August 2nd. Son lives in Highlands Ranch which will be our base for a lot of good riding. I grew up in Colorado. Maybe you could meet up with us for breakfast in Morrison some morning???????

I thought you had to be a Colorado resident to buy the brownies. :dunno :laugh

Back