• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New from Bay Area!

Crick0234
hi there folks!

I purchased my first BMW in 2010, a f800st. Just this weekend i added a r1200rt to the stable (i debated selling the f800st but i cant for some reason let it go just yet - sentimental values).

I'm over at f800riders but since now i got this RT, figured it be nice to say hello elsewhere!

here's the new girl in town! 2013 r1200rt, 90 annie colors, bought cuz of the nice incentive with the new 2014's rolling around:

and here it is squashed into my garage:

So far am really loving it! so much wind protection! and my back! and my bum! and the handling! its an awesome bike.

A weekend morning ride up in Marin county is calling your name.
ANSWER IT! :deal
Then take pictures and post, for those of us stuck in the snow.

Welcome to the MOA! Nice to have another member in CA. I'm way up in the northern part of the state where all the amazing roads are to be found. If you ever plan a trip up this way, let me know and I'll ride with you for a while if I'm free. Lots of fun!

Thanks everyone!

Thanks for the warm welcomes from local bay area folks too!

SO 2 weeks in and i've already took a road trip to visit family down in Los Angeles for Chinese New Year. The trip was AMAZING. I usually take the f800 down and typically am bundeled up with heated gloves, pants, and jacket. By the time i get down, my hands are numb, my head hurts, got cold butt, and i'm sore all over.

This time around, i got down there just fine! little tired but nothing like before. Luv it!

I've already started farklin' the thing with some wunderlich protection bars front and back and some cylinder covers/pannier covers. *sigh* my wallet :(

OH! most awesome thing was every stop i made, someone came up to chat - even met one guy who did ironbutt thing. twas awesome, luv winter riding :)

Back