Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2014 r1200rt price

Exactly right. Whatever someone prefers, or doesn't want, that's an individual choice. I'm amazed at how people want BT to the passenger, to other bikes, to the radio, to the phone, and want to answer the phone while on the fly. But that's OK with me.

I, personally, treat a MC ride, even a long multi day one as an escape from the hustle and bustle of life, and don't want to be in instant touch with the morons that call my cell and want me to refinance my condo or transfer my CC balance to their card, etc.
    I do take my phone, and check it and check in with family at fuel and hydration stops, but no BT, no comm. I had the RT audio system, but never used it.
    I am thinking about just using ear buds with the iHeart Radio app on my phone that I keep in a tank bag but I feel every layer you add on, just becomes more of a distraction while riding.

Motodan... You need to put away your math/engineering/general numeracy perspective and realize that in this context "100% better" means "I like this one better than that one". Don't expect any more. You're not going to get it and will only upset people trying.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicVW View Post
    Exactly right. Whatever someone prefers, or doesn't want, that's an individual choice. I'm amazed at how people want BT to the passenger, to other bikes, to the radio, to the phone, and want to answer the phone while on the fly. But that's OK with me.

I, personally, treat a MC ride, even a long multi day one as an escape from the hustle and bustle of life, and don't want to be in instant touch with the morons that call my cell and want me to refinance my condo or transfer my CC balance to their card, etc.
    I do take my phone, and check it and check in with family at fuel and hydration stops, but no BT, no comm. I had the RT audio system, but never used it.
    I am thinking about just using ear buds with the iHeart Radio app on my phone that I keep in a tank bag but I feel every layer you add on, just becomes more of a distraction while riding.
    I mostly agree. Don't want phone calls etc. However music helps me block out things that are bothering me. May be a layer from awareness but a better one than me churning abnoutr crap I can't do anything about at the presernt time.
    Buck in Greensboro, NC
    2013 R 1200 RT Midnight Blue - traded, 2014 R 1200 RT Ebony Metallic, 2016 S 1000 XR

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicVW View Post
    Gee, what would you have preferred, detailed explanations and affidavits signed by the four people, with accompanying wav. files? Pretty harsh in your attitude really, with the "groundless observation" and all. But that's your opinion, no matter how rude it may be, and his opinion that the radio is better is exactly that, his opinion, and not subject to your being rude, nor argumentative because you haven't even heard the new radio yet. You're just a rude, argumentative person.
    There, that's your opinion. I guess we need three more like that to get to 100%?
    F850GS

MOA #46783

mod hat on
    How about everyone take a breath here. Nothing constructive other than folks needing to have the last word.
    If you like on board radios great, if not great...

mod hat off
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and SABMWRA Prez

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

Quote Originally Posted by hogwide@aol.com View Post
    I mostly agree. Don't want phone calls etc. However music helps me block out things that are bothering me. May be a layer from awareness but a better one than me churning abnoutr crap I can't do anything about at the presernt time.
    Right. What I'm trying to say is- whatever works for someone is fine. To me, it's a bit of a distraction that I sometimes don't need. I'm not saying it is distracting for you, or it's the wrong thing to do. Everyone is different. And there are many riders better than I am.

Sorry to stir things up. I was just reporting that I thought some things were better on the new RT. I didn't realize I needed a full statistical survey to give my thoughts. Moto mouth if you would post the protocall we should follow before posting, I am sure everyone would be appreciative so that we will not incur your wrath in the future.
    Buck in Greensboro, NC
    2013 R 1200 RT Midnight Blue - traded, 2014 R 1200 RT Ebony Metallic, 2016 S 1000 XR

To add another viewpoint, I believe more accurately 100% of listeners found the new radio better than the old radio. It might only be 7% better but if that's greater than the margin of error of the sampling then it causes a "thumb's up" while falling far short of 100% better. The data so far suggests the former not the latter.
    CCC, NRA, OOIDA Life Member
    BMWMOA Member 15945

I'm 100% sure this is annoying some folks. Does it really matter , it's an opinion right?

unbelievable gentlemen, maybe a reading of the posting guidelines.

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/faq.php?faq...tingguidelines

This one comes to mind:

Code of Conduct

The code of conduct began as a long list of bad behaviors. Instead, the basic rule of the road is Don't Be A Jerk. It is simple and easy to remember. If your aim is to irritate, to insult, to shock or just generally annoy ? please find some other sand box to play in (and there are lots!)

Riding season please return soon for the winter bound. Please...
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and SABMWRA Prez

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

Quote Originally Posted by LDB View Post
    To add another viewpoint, I believe more accurately 100% of listeners found the new radio better than the old radio. It might only be 7% better but if that's greater than the margin of error of the sampling then it causes a "thumb's up" while falling far short of 100% better. The data so far suggests the former not the latter.
    Well it went from unrecognizable to almost crystal clear. Dramatic difference.
    Buck in Greensboro, NC

Pressing #1 for English! tictac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hogwide@aol.com View Post
    Well it went from unrecognizable to almost crystal clear. Dramatic difference.
    Almost crystal clear...???

So... All we need now is to find out who ordered the " CODE RED"???

I have not had sooo much fun reading posts like this in a very long time.

Thanks to all the participants.

P.S. I always tell my employees to give me 110%
    2002 R1150R
    2003 F650CS
    2004 R1150RA
    Bye Bye 2006 K1200LT

To bring this thread back on topic...

The price is just too damn high! (historical reference)

But really, based on weight, content, labor costs or any other criteria, isn't there about a 25% premium just for the roundel on the tank?

Will the market accept these prices?

Quote Originally Posted by redsky49 View Post

But really, based on weight, content, labor costs or any other criteria, isn't there about a 25% premium just for the roundel on the tank?

Like this:

My Motorrad
    BMWMOA 162849 | BMWRA 41335 | VROC 8109-R | VBA 19

Quote Originally Posted by redsky49 View Post

Based on recent BMW motorcycle sales, the answer is yes!
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511

motorcycle cowboy roostershooter's Avatar
    So, Does anyone know what the difference is between the RT and an RTW?
    2013 Goldwing