• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2014 r1200rt price

Not sure how they are configured yet

What I?ve heard is that the first deliveries will be factory optioned all the same, but the dealers will select colors early next week. It sounds like they will have the premium package, but it sounds uncertain exactly how these bike are configured. I have a deposit down on one and will hopefully find out all of the details next week. The dealer that I talked to seems to think that they will have the radio installed.

The base price has been around $17,350 for the past few years, but there are close to NONE available at that price. BMW has decided what people want, and most are delivered with an option package or two in the $21K range.

The ones already ordered by customers will be in dealerships in something like two weeks, so if you ordered one, expect a call soon. And make a deposit in your checking account!

The base price has been around $17,350 for the past few years, but there are close to NONE available at that price. BMW has decided what people want, and most are delivered with an option package or two in the $21K range.

That's how it was with the K1600. The GTs I was looking at were all loaded. Price came to $25,035.- incl the option packages. There was only one bike I found that did not have the package that included the ESA. And I wanted ESA. Didn't want radio , heated grips and heated seats, but had to take it.

2014 1200rt msrp

The first batch will be configured with every available factory option for 21,700 plus 495 destination charge for a total of 22,195. Base sticker is 17,650. The four option packages are Comfort, Touring, Luxury, and Dynamic; priced at 850, 1400, 1525, and 275 respectively. The Comfort package includes chrome exhaust, central locking, TPM, anti theft alarm, accessory socket. Touring is Dynamic ESA, GPS prep, heated seat, cruise control. Luxury package is bluetooth interface control, gear shift assistant pro, audio system with radio, radio software. Dynamic package is hill start control, headlight pro, ride modes pro. These should hit the show rooms in 2 weeks.

arriving tomorrow

Black 2014 RT arriving tomorrow afternoon. $21700 + $495 shipping = $22195 + $682 taxes, docs etc= grand total $22877. Bike has every option as the first few will. If the radio works then it might be mine. Maybe Max's is already discounting them.

14RT R 1200 RT US USD 17,650.00
Color NC9 Ebony MET 0.00
Upholstery N/C
Options ZLT Luxury Package 1,525.00
143 Bluetooth Interface Control N/C
222 Gear Shift Assistant Pro N/C
270 Audio System with Radio N/C
376 Radio Software N/C

230 Comfort Package 850.00
350 Chrome Exhaust Pipe N/C
417 Central Locking System N/C
530 TPM N/C
603 Anti Theft Alarm System N/C
764 Accessory Socket N/C

233 Touring Package 1,400.00
191 Dynamic ESA N/C
272 GPS Prep. N/C
518 Heated Seat N/C
538 Cruise Control N/C

238 Dynamic Package 275.00
204 Hill Start Control N/C
219 Headlight Pro N/C
224 Ride Modes Pro N/C
992 Market Launch Equipment 0.00
Net Total 21,700.00
DEST 495.00
Total Suggested Price 22,195.00
Price Disclaimer: Total MSRP excludes all taxes, title/documentary fees, registration, tags, BMW center preparation charges, BMW center installed options,
insurance, certificate of compliance or non-compliance fees, and finance charges. Prices may vary by BMW center.
† Alternate Option

New radio is 100% better than the old one. Cool color. Switching out tires for P4s and adding hyperlights. Pick it up Wednesday!

New radio is 100% better than the old one. Cool color. Switching out tires for P4s and adding hyperlights. Pick it up Wednesday!

How does that work, "100% better than old one"? Does that mean you only have to listen half as hard to hear it? Or you can hear it at 160 MPH where the old radio was audible at max 80 MPH? Or does it even have anything to do with hearing it? Perhaps the buttons are twice as large or the screen display characters are twice as large as the old ones? How did you measure that 100%?

Extra cost of the sound system

It is when music is important to you.

I always thought the extra effort to engineer speakers into a fairing was purely a novelty. It may be that attending too many Van Halen concerts earlier in my years has had a profound effect on my cognitive hearing ability but, isn't hearing better or even at all on a bike at idle (let alone speed) and knowing what your hearing two very different things? The only suitable time the radio/+iPod on a bike is enjoyably audible, sans the Bluetooth and state of the art helmet speakers for conversation and GPS directions, is when its not running. At the campground or a picnic break on a day trip. Even then it sounds like a tin loud speaker in a prison camp. IMHO :ear

The engine's low frequencies and wind noise drown out any fidelity they might have. The speakers in my K16 are pretty good for little cabinets in sheet metal and plastic when powered by battery alone but that's it.

I bet we could come up with more useful ideas for the space those speakers take up... :idea

The blue tooth works very well compared to the old RT. The radio by itself was ok but many sucked using blue tooth. This radio, at least the bike I paired my helmet with,was very good. BMW, in the shadows, knows the BT was an issue. Never will be admited to the public.

How does that work, "100% better than old one"? Does that mean you only have to listen half as hard to hear it? Or you can hear it at 160 MPH where the old radio was audible at max 80 MPH? Or does it even have anything to do with hearing it? Perhaps the buttons are twice as large or the screen display characters are twice as large as the old ones? How did you measure that 100%?

Guess you don't read for comprehension.:scratch

Guess you don't read for comprehension.:scratch

What comprehension might that be? Your only comment was, the new RT radio was 100% better than the old RT's. What did I miss on that? Read this thread from the start and note all the posts in sequence...I think you'll find your comment lacked anything comprehensible regarding the radio, that's why I asked the question. Again, how did you measure that 100% you mentioned?

What comprehension might that be? Your only comment was, the new RT radio was 100% better than the old RT's. What did I miss on that? Read this thread from the start and note all the posts in sequence...I think you'll find your comment lacked anything comprehensible regarding the radio, that's why I asked the question. Again, how did you measure that 100% you mentioned?

The same four people who listened to the old bike listened to the new one. From 4 thumbs down to four thumbs up equals 100% in my book. Small sample but enough moto knowledge in the group to be credible. Sorry If I didn't specially mention blue tooth. However listening and determinding quality requires the whole gamet of functions. So as I oringinally stated in "our opinion" the radio is 100% better.

Perhaps the buttons are twice as large, really? Made any friends since kindergarten?

Back